Should I buy Sennheiser HD800, HD700 or Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla
Sep 16, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #31 of 34
If you decide to buy Headphones higher class, do not forget to also buy a higher-quality amplifier.
I own Woo audio WA2. A good option would also Schiit Valhalla2.
I do not know what's your price cap for the purchase of the amplifier.

Price amplifier should be equal to or higher than the price of headphones, and not contrariwise.

More expensive amplifier would be better. (WA5-LE)

example:

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #32 of 34
Since i have HD800 and T1 and heard HD700 many times, then short recommendation:

HD800:
Best of these 3, if you have proper amp and you listen high-quality music. Bad amp/dac combo and not suitable/bad quality music make it sounds really bad.
Very neutral, best soundstage.

Beyer T1:
Good all arounders, plays every music good, but nothing very good, needs also amp to get most out of it. Better detail than HD800. Makes music more sweet than HD800.

HD700:
Very bad headphones for they price, worse than cheaper HD650 i have.

What dac+amp combo did you use for the HD800? Any specific combos you would recommend, looking at just going all out for an upgrade and wanted to hear some recomendations before I start doing some testing.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #33 of 34
I currently have a T1 and love it sound and comfort wise. Can anyone compare the HifMAN HE560 to these headphones?

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #34 of 34
Ballanced or Single Ended connection headphones?
RCA or XLR interconnect conection?

example:

DAC RCA:
Schiit modi 2 Multibit
Schiit Bifrost Multibit

DAC XLR (ballanced) + RCA
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Schiit Yggdrasil

AMP RCA
Woo Audio WA2
Woo Audio WA3

AMP XLR+RCA
Woo Audio WA22
Woo Audio WA5 and WA5/LE

for beyerdynamic T1 would recommend Woo audio WA2 (with expensive audio amplifier would be even better / for example WA5). So far I have not heard this combination. Unfortunately, in my T1 repair, waiting for spare parts

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728335/hifiman-he-560-vs-beyerdynamic-t1 ,last post to read

Users who are viewing this thread

Back