Should I buy Sennheiser HD800, HD700 or Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla
Jan 11, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #16 of 34
I think for some people it can be, but we already know that Beyer Tesla T1 has a bright nature. Possibly it can be fatiguing for some people. But I have listened to complex and bass heavy music (i.e. Metal) with them and have no complaints about it, and the folk who is making the question seems to like bassy music.

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #18 of 34
Personally I would stay away from Audeze - but only because of the comfort. I would also not go with the HD800, because they are boring. 

If I were to spend that much money I'd go with T1 + A20/A1 + Henry Audio USB DAC 128 II (or something from Resonessence Labs).

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #20 of 34
I'll recommend HD 800 with Little dot MK VI+, many guys told is better than the Woo Audio W22, tested Side by Side, the cons is that you can't plug in a low impedance dynamic headphones for the buzz noisy and you should get better tubes if you want get the best experience. But i think that you should get a great Dac too, if you want buy those headphones.
Depend what kind of music do u want listen, but if you want listen all kind of music i recommend T1 cuz the Bass is considerely better than HD800, but there is a self-contradiction, i have the both headphones ok? but when i listen music like Joe Satriani, Buckethead, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc ... i prefer a lot T1 but is different story when you listen a unique power metal band like Rhapsody of fire, why they are unique ? Everytime that make a new album they contract of large Orchesta and Choir so you need a huge soundstage like hd800 or mid transparency when you listen Epica. there is a link that show the behind scene of a album of Rhapsody of Fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2_dhiyHA7o&list=RDh2_dhiyHA7o#t=0
For listening to bass heavy mp3 files the Tesla T1 is the best option. You should only go to HD800 if you are a classical music enthusiast or listen mostly FLAC files to notice little details.

Beyer T1 has better detail than HD800 if it's well amped.

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #21 of 34
I'll recommend HD 800 with Little dot MK VI+, many guys told is better than the Woo Audio W22, tested Side by Side, the cons is that you can't plug in a low impedance dynamic headphones for the buzz noisy and you should get better tubes if you want get the best experience. But i think that you should get a great Dac too, if you want buy those headphones.
Depend what kind of music do u want listen, but if you want listen all kind of music i recommend T1 cuz the Bass is considerely better than HD800, but there is a self-contradiction, i have the both headphones ok? but when i listen music like Joe Satriani, Buckethead, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc ... i prefer a lot T1 but is different story when you listen a unique power metal band like Rhapsody of fire, why they are unique ? Everytime that make a new album they contract of large Orchesta and Choir so you need a huge soundstage like hd800 or mid transparency when you listen Epica. there is a link that show the behind scene of a album of Rhapsody of Fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2_dhiyHA7o&list=RDh2_dhiyHA7o#t=0
Beyer T1 has better detail than HD800 if it's well amped.

You may be kidding! Soon I will have the HD800 but nobody, including some owners of the both has ever told me that T1 has better details than HD800.

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #22 of 34
You may be kidding! Soon I will have the HD800 but nobody, including some owners of the both has ever told me that T1 has better details than HD800.

Yeah the T1 has a better details but ... hd800 have a better pinpoint imaging, dat is why i told depend what kind of music do you want listen. Anyway the hd800 is great choice ... i don't know your music taste ... but if do you like power metal and stories like LOTR "Symphony of Enchanted Lands II: The Dark Secret" album is a explosive experience with the HD800 well amped and with a great DAC. Regrettably the band has been splitted, and have 2 complete Saga Emerald Sword Saga and The Dark Secret Saga. I dont know about the Fabbio Lione but Luca's Turilli are still making stories album beside.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #23 of 34

Yeah the T1 has a better details but ... hd800 have a better pinpoint imaging, dat is why i told depend what kind of music do you want listen. Anyway the hd800 is great choice ... i don't know your music taste ... but if do you like power metal and stories like LOTR "Symphony of Enchanted Lands II: The Dark Secret" album is a explosive experience with the HD800 well amped and with a great DAC. Regrettably the band has been splitted, and have 2 complete Saga Emerald Sword Saga and The Dark Secret Saga. I dont know about the Fabbio Lione but Luca's Turilli are still making stories album beside.

That's because the HD800s are a head above the T1s in terms of details with a source/dac/amp that is up to the task IMO. My initial setup (PS Audio DLIII - MAD Ear+HD) the difference wasn't so night and day. But as my setup improved, the gap widened to the point were there is quite a large difference now that is easily and instantly noticeable. The only headphones I have that are better are the SR-009s.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #24 of 34
I know they don't seem to get a lot of love but I have a pair of Grado GS1000i that I really enjoy.  Easy to drive, seem to be good all-arounders to my ears.  I have the Stax 4040 Signature system for something slightly more laid back. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #25 of 34

That's because the HD800s are a head above the T1s in terms of details with a source/dac/amp that is up to the task IMO. My initial setup (PS Audio DLIII - MAD Ear+HD) the difference wasn't so night and day. But as my setup improved, the gap widened to the point were there is quite a large difference now that is easily and instantly noticeable. The only headphones I have that are better are the SR-009s.

I think that i have a enough setup for run like  95 to 98% of HD800s, i run a SE Push Pull Class A with RCA 6as7g quad matched with Sophia Electric 6sn7g rectifier tube amp with a Anedio D2 dac, both are extremely neutral, accurated and detailed gear, and i think that the HD800s are better headphones than T1s in transparency, imaging and soundstage, but not in detail, i still think that T1s has better detail than HD800s IMHO.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #26 of 34
I think that i have a enough setup for run like  95 to 98% of HD800s, i run a SE Push Pull Class A with RCA 6as7g quad matched with Sophia Electric 6sn7g rectifier tube amp with a Anedio D2 dac, both are extremely neutral, accurated and detailed gear, and i think that the HD800s are better headphones than T1s in transparency, imaging and soundstage, but not in detail, i still think that T1s has better detail than HD800s IMHO.

To be honest, compared to my current setup...night and day with the hd800s. The T1s stopped scaling up a few amps and DACs ago. :wink:

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #28 of 34
  Yeah maybe you are right, cuz you had more gears than me, the ld mkvi+ and D2 is my 2nd upgrade, i'm not saying that you are wrong.

Just sharing my experiences. 
redface.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #29 of 34
Since i have HD800 and T1 and heard HD700 many times, then short recommendation:

HD800:
Best of these 3, if you have proper amp and you listen high-quality music. Bad amp/dac combo and not suitable/bad quality music make it sounds really bad.
Very neutral, best soundstage.

Beyer T1:
Good all arounders, plays every music good, but nothing very good, needs also amp to get most out of it. Better detail than HD800. Makes music more sweet than HD800.

HD700:
Very bad headphones for they price, worse than cheaper HD650 i have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back