Should I buy refurbished headphones?
Oct 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

buddie

New Head-Fier
Should I bid on these? I really want them, but I'm not sure if I should get the refurbished ones or not. I don't have the money to buy them at full price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-the-Head-Headphones-/120994252454?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1c2bd1c6a6

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 18
I don't see why not. It says the headphones were restored to manufacturer specifications by the manufacturer or an authorized vendor. I normally wouldn't buy refurbished goods, but it doesn't look like a shade-tree job.

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #3 of 18
Actually it says they were refurbished by Sennheiser, so I say go for it.

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #8 of 18
Dang, seems like a slew of bad experiences with refurbishes. Might want to squash that idea, OP.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
Argh, I just ordered some refurbed headphones.
Hopefully they'll work fine, somewhat worried after reading this thread, though.

So how did it go? I did send in my refurb for service and Senn turned them around VERY quickly so kudos for that.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #12 of 18
I bought some manufacturer refurbished Ultrasone PRO900 about 3 weeks ago and they were DOA when I got them. The seller was a legit Ultrasone dealer and they got me an RMA for them. I shipped mine back to Ultrasone and I am awaiting a replacement pair, which I believe will be brand new. I should be receiving my replacement tomorrow and I will let you all know how it works out.

Drew

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #13 of 18
Well, I got a brand new set of PRO 900s today directly from Ultrasone.
$329 for brand new phones? Definetly worth the wait and the hassles.

Drew

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #14 of 18
Sadly, mine worked perfectly -- so I didn't get to send them back for new ones ;c

Came with all the little cables and whatnot, the only thing missing was the packaging.. It was just inside some bubblewrap inside a plastic bag :\

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #15 of 18
In vminnovations defense... I bought a pair of refurb hd380s refurbed. They came in Sennheiser refurb packaging and looked new and worked like new.

For my work i order a fair amount of electronic equipment. We go refurbished a sometimes to save on budget. I find about 5 to 10 pct of the time u get a dud you have to send back. Always a risk you take buying refurb. But that refurbed product was also "new" at one time and for it to have become "refurbished" to begin with it must have been broken...... So there is a risk no matter what albeit smaller buying new.

On the other hand, every time you send something back to the mfgr you simply didn't like or isn't compatible or u simply changed your mind, that product must be resold as refurbished even if they r perfect. So you also run the "risk" of getting a brand spanking new product for much less.... I take my chances :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back