Should I buy a LOD or UE Tripple Fi?
Dec 28, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #16 of 33
i dont even think a 150 dollar interconnect will dramatically change the sq alot. at most, i think only somewhat or a little. im gonna agree with everyone else and suggest other iems's. i agree with qusp, consider other cans too. just cuz the triple fi's are expensive, doesnt mean there the best. maybe u should consider the the image x10's. ive yet to hear any complaints from anyone regarding the sq on those. some ppl say the x10's sound better than the triple.fi's. be aware tho, some ppl have issues with the cable on the x10's. i personally dont tho and hope to keep it that way.

Dec 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #19 of 33
Resistance adapter can be found here.

I have no experience using it with triple.fis, though, and actually wasn't a huge fan of the effect it had on my ER4P.

Dec 28, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #20 of 33
IEM before LOD. HPs provide a much bigger improvement in SQ than a cable upgrade could provide IMO.
Good Luck & Happy New Year
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am leaning toward the LOD because I just got the Super Fi. and 400 bucks for some IEMs is kinda steep but... yea, what should I do?

What's steep is you spending that amount of cash for some overrated ipod connector.

I honestly think people just buy them because it looks cool.

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's steep is you spending that amount of cash for some overrated ipod connector.

I honestly think people just buy them because it looks cool.

I just got the cheapest one I could find, like £10 or something. It didn't even occur to me that it could possibly make a difference.

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the cheapest one I could find, like £10 or something. It didn't even occur to me that it could possibly make a difference.

I am be pretty sure it won't make any difference in terms of SQ.

But people like to look at pretty things. They see that shiny 3.5mm connector, sweet pink braided cable, and the ALO sticker on it and they go nuts.

I don't have a problem with that though, it's not a big deal if someone wants to spend $100+ on something that is pure esthetic because that has a value as well. But once that person starts making reviews claiming it improves SQ, "mids are more forward", "treble is extended at around 20khz", or whatever BS, then it is very misleading.

Dec 29, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

I am be pretty sure it won't make any difference in terms of SQ.

But people like to look at pretty things. They see that shiny 3.5mm connector, sweet pink braided cable, and the ALO sticker on it and they go nuts.

I don't have a problem with that though, it's not a big deal if someone wants to spend $100+ on something that is pure esthetic because that has a value as well. But once that person starts making reviews claiming it improves SQ, "mids are more forward", "treble is extended at around 20khz", or whatever BS, then it is very misleading.

On the contrary my friend a lod is carrying a analog signal between 2 device I can personally attest that I can hear differences between a silver plated copper lod and my diy jena labs and silver lod with ease so don't say there is no difference because that is simply incorrect. Neither of my lods are company built so no "appeal". Also different types of cable have a different "signature" so there is no way 2 different lods would be the same and have no audible difference.

Dec 29, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the contrary my friend a lod is carrying a analog signal between 2 device I can personally attest that I can hear differences between a silver plated copper lod and my diy jena labs and silver lod with ease so don't say there is no difference because that is simply incorrect. Neither of my lods are company built so no "appeal". Also different types of cable have a different "signature" so there is no way 2 different lods would be the same and have no audible difference.

Well I have no way to disprove you so if you claim you can hear the difference between various 6 inch cables then more power to ya.

Personally, I cannot, just in the same way I can't hear the difference between 320k mp3 or flac, and I'm sure the majority of people here can't either. But either way, because of the fact that not many people can hear this difference to the extent of giving it a signature as you can, I just don't think LODs are worth the price of admission. DIYs or very budget $20 and under are ok but anything more, in my opinion, just shows me companies like ALO Audio are trying to rip consumers off.

Dec 29, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #28 of 33
hands down get the LOD...

just kidding lol
tongue_smile.gif
. Get the trips man. Seriously is this even a question? lol

Dec 29, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

in my opinion, just shows me companies like ALO Audio are trying to rip consumers off.

i agree with this statement but i won't go as far to say LODs are pointless. use a crappy 3.5 to 3.5 connector and you'll see how big of a difference those "6 in." make my friend.

Dec 29, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree with this statement but i won't go as far to say LODs are pointless. use a crappy 3.5 to 3.5 connector and you'll see how big of a difference those "6 in." make my friend.

Well said AgainstTheGrain, I could'nt have put it any better myself.
Have a Happy New Year
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back