Should I buy a laser than can pop children's balloons?
Jun 28, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #46 of 71
I had one of these lasers on my hands. Very dangerous, irresponsible to use (even more irresponsible to sell them to begin with), but so much fun.

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #47 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm I was just wondering why they dont include these in planes. If they crash someone in an island like in lost, they can shine the light everywhere instead of using flares

Terrorists!
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #48 of 71
200 mW is afaik pretty powerful for a consumer-grade laser. Just be careful and have fun!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #51 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Redshifter...make sure you scan and post your arrest report on Head-Fi when you get busted with this thing. That should make for some interesting reading.
tongue.gif

And NO!, we are not going to start a Head-Fi bail-out fund
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #52 of 71
Well, how about a Head-Fi defence lawyer fund, so you can at least plead insanity?
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #53 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DealExtreme: $53.80 High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime)

this seems almost too good to be true. not only can i light ladies' cigarettes from across the bar, i can now wander the parks (drunk of course) and pop children's balloons from the bushes.

should I buy it head-fi? i feel like my whole life has been leading up to owning this.

Sounds like timelss fun. How funny would that be if you get arrested for popping children's balloons...

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #55 of 71
Just ordered one, plus 4 rechargeable batteries and the battery charger.

63.77$ which totals 39€!

Not bad!

I'll let you guys know when I receive it. I'll make some videos!

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #56 of 71
Buy one.

Then wear a latex mask, a cape, an underwear over your tights and the Headfi logo on your bare chest. Burn with the laser anyone wearing ibuds or blasting their crappy cellphone speakers in public transports.

It's a bird... it's a plane... it's Headfi-man!!! (or a crazy dragqueen masochist with headphone fetichism)

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #58 of 71
What about that Airplane thing a couple years ago where his guy was pointing lasers at airliners? These things can be really dangerous, use it very carefully.

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #59 of 71
I really can't believe that just anyone is allowed to buy these things. I mean, it looks awesome, and I want to own one, but I don't want anyone else to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back