should I buy a 160gb Ipod classic now or wait?
Aug 6, 2010 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

buffalowings

Went way too far, too many times.
I just sold my 32gb Ipod touch because I was running out of memory, my original plan was to buy a 160gb Ipod classic with the money earned, but is that really a good idea? should I wait till September to see if they release a new version? 

James

Aug 6, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 11
I would buy from the refurbished section, I believe that they have 160 GB models.

Aug 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 11
A new version is almost certain, the iPods are due for a refresh. I'm waiting, too. My 30GB iPod is old and getting a little flaky. The new ones are tempting, but Apple is going to give us something cool for Christmas.

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 11
Agreed with Lil' Knight. I think we'll see solid state only from here on. That said, a 128GB iTouch seems almost guaranteed. I can't imagine they'd go from 160GB largest capacity back down to 64GB. Here's hoping for a 64GB iTouch 4G for $300-350.

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 11
I'm pretty much in the same situation. have the old 80gb classic and need an upgrade, hopefully with more space. 
Although I am hoping for a 128gb touch, I doubt very much we will see one in september. seeing ipad even limited to 64gb does seem to suggest any increase in flash drive will have to wait...even macbook air is limited to 128gb.
As for the classic, my guess is they will still continue selling them but most likely we will not see any updates.  

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 11
Macrumors also suggests the Apple iPod event may happen as soon as Aug 11th to Aug 17th instead of September. That would be most excellent as I'm currently without a good player (besides a deaf and dumb (no apps/wifi) Zune 8).

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 11
August will be great timing. I am sort of torn between waiting for new ipod updates to see if there is increase in touch size or the classic, or to go for the hifiman-602 with its pre-order price (includes new in-earphones) before september and live with the SD card expansion options....choices, choices...

Aug 7, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #10 of 11
But is it me or will the classic most likely either stay exactly the same or be discontinued? If its discontinued thats a lose because the flash version will be expensive?

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #11 of 11
there seems to be a lot of agreement on the net over the logic of discontinuing the classic and moving on to flash memory. though they are all speculations, so the classic just might survive the axe and continue to be sold.
I have a feeling that it will survive and stay as it is, or best maybe get a camera like the nano's. doubt there will be any increase in hard drive size...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back