Should I Bother with SR-60s?
Aug 31, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #31 of 48
I just bought a pair (thx eduj!) and they are sweet...

I must have a small head tho, as they're a little, um, loose. Time for a bit of judicious headband bending...

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #32 of 48
I love my 80's. I listen to them everyday for at least three hours.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #33 of 48
You should absolutely buy them. For $70, you can't really miss. I got mine (first serious headphones) a few weeks ago, and they have completely changed my music listening experience. As a side note, I've noticed they are particularly adept at reproducing male vocals.

In a word
smily_headphones1.gif
, yes!

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #34 of 48
Used SR-225's. Not the 200$ sticker shock... usually about what...25% less in the used market.

I had SR-80's (skipped the 60's, straight to 80's)... had them for a couple years... then 5 minutes before the ety er4p order went in, the HF-1 thread came up. I have #39. <g>

But I'd really think about used 225's if you're thinking about 80's or MS-1's. The HF-1's were quite the step up from the 80's, and the 80's were great.

**BRENT**

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #35 of 48
OK, I decided I'm going to buy some 60s tonight and see how I like them. However, what are the difference between the Flat Pads, the Bowl Pads, and the Jumbo Pads? I'm looking for the comfort and sound factors.

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #36 of 48
If comfort is important....and it is!....don't forget the Senns 414s!
icon10.gif

They're pretty and yellow, but they can be used in about fifteen different configurations! Well; maybe four or five, but they sure are something to consider as well!
smily_headphones1.gif

...and everybody hears differently, so ya pretty well gotta try them yourself to see which ones you like best!

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #37 of 48
Problem with the SR60 (IMHO) is that its not really a true representation of the rest of the Grado line. Those comfy pads just kill the already anemic Grado soundstage, and further roll off the treble. They also alter the bass to more of a thumpy/night club kind of sound. Comfy padded Grado bass lacks air, texture and resolution. Mids (guitars and vocals) are more closed in sounding than they really should be.

... SR80 FTW. Pick your source and amp wisely and be rewarded.

Just my opinions.
Garrett

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #38 of 48
OK, bought some 80s, plus 3 CDs, from Amazon for a grand total of $76
biggrin.gif

Now, the waiting game...

Sep 2, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, bought some 80s, plus 3 CDs, from Amazon for a grand total of $76
biggrin.gif

Now, the waiting game...

Ah, the waiting game. I still have nose prints on the front glass from waiting for the truck. It's an evil time I tell ya; an evil time.

Einsteins laws of relativity fall flat at these times.

Dark Energy rules.

Sep 2, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #42 of 48
The MS1 is made by Alessandro (which is still kind of a Grado). It's a different headphone from the SR80, but the general consensus seems to believe the MS1 to sound better. I haven't heard either one myself, but it's what I've noticed over my short time at Head-Fi.

Sep 2, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #43 of 48
The SR60/80s and MS-1s. How are they far sound leakage. If I played it at normal level for music enjoyment, just take a guess, dont' know what exact level that is, would someone near me be bothered?

The reviews on these are making me want to give these a shot later in the future next year.

Sep 2, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #45 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SR60/80s and MS-1s. How are they far sound leakage. If I played it at normal level for music enjoyment, just take a guess, dont' know what exact level that is, would someone near me be bothered?

The reviews on these are making me want to give these a shot later in the future next year.

They leak real bad, i use them only for indoor listening in quiet environments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back