should i amp my clix?
Dec 29, 2008 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

copain

New Head-Fier
i just recently bought the iriver clix (gen2)
i loved my clix with its soundstage and rich mids,maybe not really detailed but i loved the sound character..
but i think its lacking some bass punch (compared to my previous meizu m6)
frown.gif

should i amp my clix2 ? will it increase the bass punches/depth/etc ?
what amp should i use ?
sorry for the bad english
tongue_smile.gif

nb: i used crossroads mylarone XB
edit: oh yeah i think im limited to fiio's or ibasso's at my place..

Dec 29, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 9
Well I used to have the iRiver Clix2, the bass was a bit lacking, but it's actually there. I tried it with my Future Sonic Atrio M5s and they instantly returned. So I think you should actually just try some bass heavier headphones first, it might actually work better.

Dec 30, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm a big iriver fan and I didn't really appreaciate my clix2 until it was gone haha, going from it to a iPod classic i really noticed the difference in SQ.

I never heard this clix amped, with the exception of the Fiio E3. Nice and cheap and it definitely added to the low end. You might check that out before spending a bit on a proper amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 9
@dap_pad
yes, thats a good option, altough im a little bit lacking of funds for that phone
tongue.gif
maybe i'll try mylar XBi or bijou1
thanks for the reply tough
regular_smile .gif

@mattcalf
does adding the fiio e3 somehow changes the sound signature?
or it simply increase the bass? (punch,depth,accuracy,etc)

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 9
E3 or E5 is cheap enough to try without fear of bankruptcy, but the real question is, will your headphone benefits from amping? If you are just looking to add some extra punch to your XB, I'll suggest you do it in the EQ first. I amp my clix2 all the time but that's because the IEM I used are not as easy to drive.

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #6 of 9
@ClieOS
yes i have amped my clix2 lower ends to maximum, a bit lowered high since i think its a little sibilant ( i like warm sounds )

but still i could use more bass
wink.gif

and also better qualities if possible (depth,punch,etc)
and i hated those effects on clix..

i'm using a mylarone XB, do you think it will benefit from amping?

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by copain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm using a mylarone XB, do you think it will benefit from amping?

Not by much. The more logical route of upgrade will be replacing your current IEM with something better instead of getting an amp. However, since E3/E5 are quite cheap, maybe you could try them out first.

Dec 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #8 of 9
Ya... the X3s don't benefit so much from amping, they are fairly efficient canalphones. But since the Fiios are so cheap, you can just buy one to try it out and if it doesn't work, there's always the FS forums
biggrin.gif
Then you can save up for better headphones later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back