Shorts-Fi
Jul 18, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 10
I like the clothes at REI. I don't know if you have a retail store nearby, but they always carry quality clothes. Their in-house brand is excellent, too. Their heavy canvas is very difficult to wear out, I've had pairs for years. If the styling suits you, you'll have a hard time finding a better pair.

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
I have two drawers of Quicksilver and Rip Curl board shorts.

Ive been lately looking for some board shorts, but i find them to thin. I have some really cool Union shorts (nothing like what they show on their .com, and their made in American), two pairs of Lucky shorts (love their jeans too), and a pair of American Eagle shorts. Those were the best of the best shorts
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 10
Jul 18, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Ive been lately looking for some board shorts, but i find them to thin. 

In my case I guess you're looking at a culture and identity issue, if not a full blown addiction. I've been wearing them for casual use, ocean sports, and construction work  for decades. Geez, I even buy most of my causal clothing in surf shops.

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
I wear shorts from mid April to sometime in November. I like pretty-much anything from Columbia Sport.

http://www.columbia.com/mens-cargo-shorts-khaki-shorts/men-shorts-casual,default,sc.html 

x2, i like a few of those pair of shorts. How is the thickness? They look a little thin
confused_face%281%29.gif

Quote:
In my case I guess you're looking at a culture and identity issue, if not a full blown addiction. I've been wearing them for casual use, ocean sports, and construction work  for decades. Geez, I even buy most of my causal clothing in surf shops.

LOL, you one of those guys
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
x2, i like a few of those pair of shorts. How is the thickness? They look a little thin
confused_face%281%29.gif

LOL, you one of those guys
biggrin.gif

The sport shorts like hiking....etc. are heavy almost canvas-like material. The dressier ones are lighter wieght.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #9 of 10
Surf clothing is a big deal out here on the Left Coast. I grew up wearing t-shirts and shorts from the local surf shops. (And yes, I can surf. Haven't done it in awhile. Can't pull off anything fancy, but can catch waves and stand up. :)) I don't think I could pull off the shorts at my advanced age :))), but the next time I'm in LA, I really should grab a few t-shirts from the surf shops.

Also, X2 on Columbia. I've used and abused their shorts for years. They hold up.

Also, got a new pair of shorts today. At a local outlet, I found some from Hering for $12. It's a Brazilian company. Seem to be fairly well made, so I picked up a pair in charcoal. The jury is still out as to whether they'll hold up.

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Surf clothing is a big deal out here on the Left Coast. I grew up wearing t-shirts and shorts from the local surf shops. (And yes, I can surf. Haven't done it in awhile. Can't pull off anything fancy, but can catch waves and stand up.
smily_headphones1.gif
) I don't think I could pull off the shorts at my advanced age (
smily_headphones1.gif
), but the next time I'm in LA, I really should grab a few t-shirts from the surf shops.

Also, X2 on Columbia. I've used and abused their shorts for years. They hold up.

Also, got a new pair of shorts today. At a local outlet, I found some from Hering for $12. It's a Brazilian company. Seem to be fairly well made, so I picked up a pair in charcoal. The jury is still out as to whether they'll hold up.

Good for you, i cant even do that (yet), but i bet its adrenaline filling. My cousins i think wear board shorts, since their out in Lafayette. Havent seen them in 5+ years, but they sure have grown up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back