SHORT THOUGHTS ON THE ALESSANDRO MS-1
Feb 24, 2005 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
HI: I just got the Alessandro MS-1 headphones and for 99.00 plus free shipping these are a real big steal. Even out of my portable radio they sound great. When I plug them into my radio and PocketAmp 2 it gets even better. When I plug them into my stereo 500 watt headphone jack with my minidisc deck they are just awesome. This is out of the box. Now for 100 hour burn in. What a great buy.

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: I just got the Alessandro MS-1 headphones and for 99.00 plus free shipping these are a real big steal. Even out of my portable radio they sound great. When I plug them into my radio and PocketAmp 2 it gets even better. When I plug them into my stereo 500 watt headphone jack with my minidisc deck they are just awesome. This is out of the box. Now for 100 hour burn in. What a great buy.

How do you find they sound compared to the Grado SR125 or the closest to that one that you own?

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 51
What pads are you using? I bought a used pair that came with modded sennheiser pads. I've been meaning to try the MS-1s with bowls. Did you get the headphile beyer pads yet? (I'm not sure if the "waiting" applies to the headphile pads or not)

Feb 24, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 51
HI: I am using the pads that came with the MS-1 untill I get my C pad adapter + pads from headphile. I never heard or owned the 125 but I have owned three 225 and I like these as much as the 225 so far.

Beagle
HI: I have owned the grado 60,80,225,325,RS-1 and out of all of them I liked the 225 the best but now with these MS-1 I think its a close call with the 225 and MS-1.

Feb 25, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I just bought a pair of MS-2's.

Larry's C-Pads look like they might be a necessity if I can't stand the bowls.

I'm not a fan of the flat pad sound.

-Ed

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wha???? Never took you for a Grado man. What brought this on?
rs1smile.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 51
I got a chance to get a good listen to them at a meet in Cincinnati.

I wanted a smaller low impedance headphone to use when testing amps I've been building.

Don't want to risk my R10's.
wink.gif

Plus, I got them at a really nice price.
wink.gif

And I have a friend that is interested in buying them off of me if I don't keep them.

-Ed

Feb 25, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #8 of 51
I got mine in the mail today too. Ordered them 3 days ago and got them today plus the price was nice too
smily_headphones1.gif
I was considering getting a pair of Grado 125 or Senn hd590 but got these highly recommended by a couple of the forum users and all I can say is that these are great. Yesterday I went to a local shop to check the 125 and see if I had screwed up choosing Allesandro. I like the Allesandro better and this is with almost no burn in. (i got these 4-5 hours ago). Mine came with flat pads and I have heard that the flat pads muffle the sound quite a bit but in my case they work great. Since I bought these to use them with a laptop as carry arround set I tested them with the crappy onboard sound card (realtek 650F chip). I know that the sound card sux so I didn't expect much from it (at least not until I get my echo indogo) but m1 performs were well. Really easy to drive and the sound is prestine. I do like it better than the grado 125 that I tested yesterday and the grados were burned in.
I'm really glad I asked on head-fi
eggosmile.gif

Oh yeah these are also some of the most comfortable cans I have used. Very light and they stay pretty tight over my ears but do not hurt my ears at all. The flat pads do feel a lot better than the grado ones.

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #10 of 51
HI: These MS-1 are just blowing my mind. LOL. They are so very easy to drive out of my portable radio. When I plugged them into my stereo receiver 500 watt headphone jack and minidisc deck I am getting awesome sound with great bass and a balanced sound. I like these as much as my former 225 with out a doubt. I can't wait to get the Alpha C pad adapter and beyer pads. Also the Senn. 490 headband makes them even more comfortable. WOW a soon to be very ultra comfortable Alessandro headphone. Not to mention that with the C pad adapter/pads the sound stage might be larger and with even better bass? Boy am I glad I bought these and the mods.

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #12 of 51
HI Lou ... been following your headphone journey with interest.

I've had my ms-1 for about two days now and for the most part am very happy. They sound great out of my pcdp and really have substantially improved with around 20 hours burn in.

However ... my one disappointment is from my portable radio a sony srf - m35,
from which they sound fairly flat and lifeless .... nowhere near the sound I was achieving from my md-33s (or koss 35s for that matter).

I dont really want to buy an amplifier as I prefer simple rigs.

B.

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 51
GoRedwings19
HI: How are you? Yes I think the MS-1 are more relaxed over the 225. But as far as fun sound goes look at it like this. I am supposed to be burning them in but just can't take them off my head. I have about 8 hours listening on them and am now listening to my 1 1/2 hour radio show on my portable radio but before that I was listing to Pink Floyd ECHOS. And after my radio show I will go back to Pink Floyd maybe all night long. LOL. Yes the MS-1 are great fun to listen to. I mean great bass and highs with very upfront mids. I am just amazed that these only cost 99.00 shipped. The 225 cost about 200.00 but you can buy the MS-1 and Alpha adapter/pads for less that that. I am in headphone bliss and it will only get better with 100 hour burn in and C pads. I am back into my music again.

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #14 of 51
Buddha
HI: How are you? I think that your portable radio is not up to par. The portable radio in my signature cost 100.00 and puts out 28 m/w per channel in the headphone jack. That is plenty of power to spare with the MS-1. Please no offense meant to you. Also the PocketAmp 2 only cost 60.00 and is very small. Just a thought.

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #15 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
GoRedwings19
HI: How are you? Yes I think the MS-1 are more relaxed over the 225. But as far as fun sound goes look at it like this. I am supposed to be burning them in but just can't take them off my head. I have about 8 hours listening on them and am now listening to my 1 1/2 hour radio show on my portable radio but before that I was listing to Pink Floyd ECHOS. And after my radio show I will go back to Pink Floyd maybe all night long. LOL. Yes the MS-1 are great fun to listen to. I mean great bass and highs with very upfront mids. I am just amazed that these only cost 99.00 shipped. The 225 cost about 200.00 but you can buy the MS-1 and C p Alpha adapter/pads for less that that. I am in headphone bliss and it will only bet better with 100 hour burn in and C pads. I am back into my music again.

Do you think this would make a good can for jazz listening. I don't listen to jazz so I don't know if this would be suitable for my sister (jazz fan). Also she has one of those mini systems she loves. She wanted my RS-1's but that wasn't goin' to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back