shocking ath-w1000's
Mar 22, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #18 of 29
the worst woodies hmm thats a little harsh these are beautiful sounding headphones ive used the aht 900s and the sound doesnt compair. There is just something about the wood in the ath w1000s I will keep these head phones if i can solve this problem with static. Anyways these surely beat my seny 650hds come on you other ath w1000 owners tell us how great you think your woodies are my sounds beautiful and they arnt even broken in yet

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #19 of 29
My roommate has the 900's. I would blatently disagree that they sound like the 900's. The 900's are far warmer, and for some reasons I like them over the 1000's but as far as detail and balance is concerned, they are leagues ahead of the 900's

Unfortunately I have not heard anything in the comparable range so I'm at a loss in that sense, but I love them. Doing a search in the forums has mixed feelings regarding them, but in the end it seems that there are a few that don't like them, and a lot that do.

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #20 of 29
I crave for detail lol thats why I like the woodies do you guys think the AKG K701's would be any better then the ath w1000's because if my woodies keep shocking me I think Ill move to a pair of thouse and once again by better i mean the detail would the detail be any better

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #21 of 29
My A900's have shocked me before.. I made a thread about it. As it turned out, it was my nylon chair. I covered it in a cotton bath towel and they have not shocked me since.

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 29
well price japan took no responseabillity lol they said I had to pay to ship them back and I had to pay for them to be repaired im like I got these from you 2 days ago they hurt my ears and you want me to pay more money heh mabey in japan but when a faulty product hurts you in this country some one has to pay so i guess my nexy choice is to sue audio technica because whatever I try these things wont stop shocking me and I refuse to pay shipping to japan and pay to get brand new headphones repaired what do you guys think I should do price japan takes no responseabillity for selling faulty electronics so I guess I can only attack the manufacturer

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan1212
well price japan took no responseabillity lol they said I had to pay to ship them back and I had to pay for them to be repaired im like I got these from you 2 days ago they hurt my ears and you want me to pay more money heh mabey in japan but when a faulty product hurts you in this country some one has to pay so i guess my nexy choice is to sue audio technica because whatever I try these things wont stop shocking me and I refuse to pay shipping to japan and pay to get brand new headphones repaired what do you guys think I should do price japan takes no responseabillity for selling faulty electronics so I guess I can only attack the manufacturer

you should have read PriceJapan's policy and warranty statements before you bought the item. it clearly states how they would handle such a case and I don't know why you are whining.

in Japan if something is defective it doesn't cost you a thing to get it repaired, or perhaps even a refund if the store let's you (they don't have a money-back guarantee type of refund policy over there as is usually the case in the States, but it isn't like how you are putting it at all). but since you went the cheap route and went with a service like PriceJapan you have to deal with their methods since after all all they are is a middle man buying products from regular Japanese storefronts for a cheap price (who have no idea that the product is being shipped overseas, and thus where the included warranty is not honored, as you should expect. since you bring up audio-technica, their warranty card clearly states that it's valid only in Japan and from how you used PriceJapan to get it I assume it doesn't apply for you). their prices are low because they do things this way, and if you want the service that you are describing, perhaps go with another store that offers it rather than complain later. sure, their prices are higher, but that's because there's higher overhead for their services.

stop saying that PriceJapan or audio-technica isn't taking responsibility since they are clearly doing so within their prestated means. what does audio-technica have anything to do with this? also, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to pay for repairs... not sure where that came from.

is it that hard to write in sentences, or at least put a period here and there?

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #24 of 29
Ryan1212, it is your responsibility to know the policies of company, store, whatever before buying something from them. Their policies are clearly stated if you bothered to look for them. Next time check first so you don't have to waste our time whining about it later.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbert
No, the shock is coming from the metal inside. My W1000's never shocked me until I rearranged my room last month and wow, yea they would send a shock into my ears that propelled me out of my seat. Maybe something got ungrounded, or moving a whole bunch of stuff around on a carpeted floor built up huge static. I did three things:

1. unplugged and replugged in all my gear and checked my surge protector.
2. Got a metal lamp and started touching it before and during listening sessions to discharge.
3. Got a humidifier to cut down on the charge.

The static has gone away. I feel your pain!

I see,,so everything was fine until you rearranged your room? Oh ok,,well theres a simple solution. Put your room back to the way it was and it will be happy. Its just bad Feng Shui. There is no balance.
icon10.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #26 of 29
so its in no way audio technicas fault for selling faulty headphones. I think there qc messed up but wait a secound just because I didnt read a missaproprating legal agrement I take all responseabillity. What are some of you on Im not beeing mean but audiotechnica sold me headphones that are hurting me to use if I bought a pair of head phones from best buy and they shocked and burnt my ears Id sue them this is why we have qc departments for most comapines in the usa yes it is audiotechnicas fault they should of never shipped head phones that constantly shock you

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #27 of 29
Nah...I think moving stuff around on the carpet in the dry desert air I live in built up huge static charges. Once it all got discharged I was fine. I gotta say that my grados gave me the same shock when I switched to them. It ain't no headphone specific thing.

Also I gotta say that saying, "The W1000's are the worst of all the AT woodies" is kinda like saying the Senn 600's are the worst of all the Senn 600 series cans. Silly. The W1000's are highly revealing, detailed cans that I always go to for reference listening. They are almost "stax-like" --which is a sound I am very fond of.

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #28 of 29
Hey ryan,

I remember someone here had faulty W5000s and sent them back to AT for repair. Search for "rattling W5000" or something, and maybe that thread will give you more info. If I were you, I'd try to contact AT directly--you'll probably have to pay shipping (which is not as much as you would think--I paid $7 for my A900ltds to be shipped from Japan), but AT *may* repair them for you for little or no charge... there is no use complaining, since it's no one's fault, but a courteous inquiry may do it
biggrin.gif
at least that's what I'd try. Good luck!

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:15 PM Post #29 of 29
Right. Static electricity it is. Hopefully, that means no repair needed.

Actually, I'm not surpised about Audio-Cube's return policy. They act a different role in terms of the services they offer. For most of the stuff they sell, they are merely importers of. In no way are they dealers. Hence, they don't get compensation from the company when a faulty product gets sent back by a customer. They can't be bothered with to deal with faulty goods either. I, for one, didn't know this until now. Read the small writing!! However, seeing that you can afford the W1000s, why can you not pay for the shipping? As for paying for the repair, I can't believe that the W1000 don't have warranty on them. What are AT's policies on warranty? Do you have to buy them from a licensed dealer to be able to claim warranty?

Last thing: I hope you weren't serious when you said you wanted to sue AT.. There is no point sueing over a pair of headphones. You will probably spend more money to sue and you'd probably lose as well since your argument is weak. Time is money. Hence, it is worth spending a little money (to fix the cans) to save time and hastle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back