Shocked. Canadian Futureshop and Bestbuy have Shure now
Dec 26, 2005 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

solvexyz

1000+ Head-Fier
I was browsing for some boxing day deal listed on Futureshop and Bestbuy, and surprisingly, I saw Shure e4c listed. Totally surprised. I have seen people who just went to futureshop and grabbed the most expensive headphone for use with iPod and guess what that is? It is a Boss Triport. What do you guys think? I think we Canadian should start to see more people using Shure e4c.

Dec 26, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 12
Shure E4 is sold at just about any electronics and computer store here in the good ol' USA (california). Even if they don't sell any other Shures, they sell E4. Almost every store also sells Tri-ports, which is a shame. But I think Shure E4's will prevail over the Tri-ports.

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 12
Yeah, I saw them today for the first time too. I was wondering how long it'd take before someone posted.

To be honest, I don't think they'll catch on. They actually take time to figure out and get used to, something the average customer won't put up with. I spent a whole day fiddling with my E4's before I liked them. Not to mention that they aren't made by a well-known company, and are ridiculously expensive ($350 CDN, IIRC).

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 12
A pair of E2Cs caught my eye a few weeks ago when I was strolling through a Best Buy down in the East York area. Not that suprised, although it was priced at around $130 - $150 CAD, which is a little bit overpriced, IMO.

Dec 26, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 12
They won't catch on because people go "What $200 for earbuds??" I mean, take a look at the comments for ANY higher priced canalphone on Apple's online store. They usually have get very poor ratings from customers who have NEVER heard them (they even admit it!), giving them 1 star because they would never pay that much. They think they're overpriced but no absolutely nothing about the product. I saw many "omg What $500 earbuds??? I havnt hrd these but they sux get the bose tripods insteed only $300 and much better." Really sad.

Dec 26, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 12
Heyy... they've got the E2C's now... on sale for $110 today... I've been wondering for a while if these are any good, and have been tempted to get some for a while. How do they compare to the Sennheiser HD545?

Dec 26, 2005 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eien
Heyy... they've got the E2C's now... on sale for $110 today... I've been wondering for a while if these are any good, and have been tempted to get some for a while. How do they compare to the Sennheiser HD545?

I really do not know. I have never heard of Senn 545, but I bet Senn 545 will sound a lot better.

LOL, go get it today, and if you do not like it, return it and get full refund. I think it is why they overprice the stuff so much.

Dec 26, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #11 of 12
i wonder if the e4s are returnable
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #12 of 12
Even tho i know i could of gotten them cheaper (i have a problem with waiting for the mail to come) i walked into CompUSA and just got a pair of Super.fi. 3's... i was really surprised to see that they carry the whole super.fi line now

its nice to know some people might accidently buy good headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back