shipping
Jun 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

jweather

New Head-Fier
Im in the U.S. and wanted to know if their any disadvantages to shipping overseas? can you get receive conformation as you can in the U.S.? im asking this question because I now this forum is worldwide and im selling some super.fi 5 pro's and I lot of people are asking me to ship them overseas, I never shipped overseas before so again I was just wondering of any disadvantages.

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 39
Disadvantages?

You go to the post office, drop the box off, and they ask you if you want receiving confirmation, tracking, insurance, etc. This isn't rocket science, it's very simple. You're shipping to another country, not to another planet.

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Disadvantages?

You go to the post office, drop the box off, and they ask you if you want receiving confirmation, tracking, insurance, etc. This isn't rocket science, it's very simple. You're shipping to another country, not to another planet.

LOL
icon10.gif

Not that difficult. Insurance and Tracking number all assure your right of claiming full amount in case something goes wrong.

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Disadvantages?

well you say that but it seems many americans think it is. i dare say the majority of things ive ever looked at in the sale forums are labelled CONUS if sold by an american

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

And really, for a buck or two more, tracking and signature confirmation is the cheapest piece of mind you can buy.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got lots of things shipped from the US and when using tracking + insurance it is NOT a buck or two more expensive, but often quite a few bucks more.

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got lots of things shipped from the US and when using tracking + insurance it is NOT a buck or two more expensive, but often quite a few bucks more.

Umm, I didn't say insurance was a buck or two more. I said tracking and signature confirmation. This has never cost me more than $2-$3 for anything I've ever shipped. Obviously insurance is more.

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Umm, I didn't say insurance was a buck or two more. I said tracking and signature confirmation. This has never cost me more than $2-$3 for anything I've ever shipped. Obviously insurance is more.

You're right - I stand corrected.

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #11 of 39
I have experience shipping overseas. I have shipped items weighing 6 oz or less. First, I have been told that there is no signature confirmation with the USPS, as they are the all in the US. There is delivery confirmation, which cost about $26 to ship. There is also priority for about $12, but no confirmation. First class is the cheapest (cost by weight, I just sent a package less than 1 oz for $1.44). There is a customs # and in my experience, the USPS tracking site usually lists when the package is received by foreign customs, but not always.

UPS, FedEx, etc. are way more expensive, at least for the low weight stuff I ship.

Hope this helps.

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #12 of 39
So, to echo Mark's point, why are so many American for sales CONUS only then, if it's so darned easy? And, yeah, I know, this has come up before!

deadhorse.gif

And this thread should really go into the Lounge....
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, to echo Mark's point, why are so many American for sales CONUS only then, if it's so darned easy? And, yeah, I know, this has come up before!

deadhorse.gif

And this thread should really go into the Lounge....
biggrin.gif

Because it isn't easy when you haven't done it before? Also, international packages have to be brought into the post office where you wait in line vs. printing/paying online and just dropping in a box with no line. And don't forget the customs declarations forms.

Not to mention I have had people say they have to have package shipping, but refuse to pay for it.

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #14 of 39
Personally, I don't have any problem at shipping stuff oversea. The procedures are set, all you have to follow post office tell you to do, and you will be all set soon.

I agree it is time consuming though, waiting in line and filling up declaration form takes 5 more mins than if it is domestic shipping. With all those tracking number and insurance, I wonder why American like to keep the deal within US, it is not like it has slight chance to burn them at last.You know it is frustrating, when you find a good deal stated CONUS only

Jun 15, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #15 of 39
Visiting the post office and waiting ages in line is commonplace in the UK, lol...
but I do appreciate that for some people in the US, a visit to the post office may be many miles away, hence some reluctance I guess.

Not sure what 'package shipping' is but I never understand why people refuse to pay for shipping, assuming they know the cost, or reasonable approximation, upfront. If you don't agree w/ the sellers price, don't buy, international or domestic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back