Shipping Mistake In My Favor
Jan 15, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Not more than the watch I had when I was like 12 that you could set to use as a remote control for the TV...lol

I almost bought that one. I was so close to doing it, but then I realized that I'd be paying $40 for the novelty factor alone.

Jan 15, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Meh. Forget about it. You're not under any moral obligations to big companies - they'll do everything they can to screw your wallet. And a minor $30 loss isn't exactly going to hurt them - they're prepared to write off such errors.

The moralilty doesn't have anything to do with whom the watch came from, how hurt they'd be if he kept it, or if the sender is a moral individual or company themselves.

The wrong watch was sent so the company should be contacted. It's not exactly a baffling moral dilemma.

Jan 16, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #33 of 42
I can't believe how many naive conservatives are here on head-fi. Consider this, both watches probably cost 50 cents to make in a sweatshop in China where the workers were paid a dollar a day. The prices we pay have NOTHING to do with shoplifting and EVERYTHING to do with profit.

They probably ran out of the original one you ordered and sent that one instead. If the other guy got your one, that's the companies fault not yours.

Jan 16, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #34 of 42
maybe its the way the world is now, but i mean i havent worn a watch since like i was 10

i mean why wear a watch when your cellphone has a clock on it or on the outside lcd... maybe its just me.

Jan 16, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
maybe its the way the world is now, but i mean i havent worn a watch since like i was 10

i mean why wear a watch when your cellphone has a clock on it or on the outside lcd... maybe its just me.

probably because wearing a watch is a timeless tradition. Sounds like you haven't seen the watch thread, heh

Jan 16, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

I can't bring my cell to work. I guess at my desk I've got my computer clocks, but there tend not to be many room clocks and none in the halls. So watch it is!

Jan 16, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

For me, because my cell phone doesn't get service everywhere. When it doesn't get service, it goes on strike and refuses to show the time. Plus, they're swanky.

Jan 16, 2006 at 9:11 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
I ordered a watch online, one that cost $20 (I personally can't justify spending more than $20 on a watch), and waited for it to be delivered. When I got it, the outside box had the label for my house, but inside was a different watch, complete with a sales reciept for a man in Georgia. Now, this mistake isn't exactly a disappointing one, seeing how the watch I recieved is worth $30 more than the one I paid for.

Now I understand that, morally, I should either send back this watch and recieve what I paid for, or pay the difference. However, legally, what should I do? Am I under any obligation to notify them and let them know that they made a mistake? Or should I just sit back and wait for them to contact me?

And just for reference, what I ordered:
yhst-5991495767931_1876_483347.jpg

I thought Head-Fi was geeky enough, Head Creep took it to the next level
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #40 of 42
Similar thing happened to me with a different company. However, in my case, they just sent me an item i never ordered. I mean, i ordered a computer case and then 3 days later i saw another tracking number in my account. Turns out they somehow sent me a little $3 cable by mistake. I got to keep it because it was so cheap that it would cost them more to pay for shipping. So being honest pays off
icon10.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #41 of 42
Oh my... this company is depressing me more and more by the day. The official response, cut-and-pasted straight from the e-mail:

"I misplaced your email."

Followed by a phone number to contact. Either this is a really bad joke, or this is a very horribly run store. I'm starting to lean towards the latter.

Update: Just talked to the guy on the phone, quite a nice fellow. Apparently there's a new guy (always those pesky new guys...), and he mixed up more than a few orders, so the company's gone into damage control. But the ending is, my watch is on its way to the post office, and sometime tonight I'll be e-mailed a shipping label to get the one I recieved back to the company. My panache is in the mail.

Jan 17, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
Either this is a really bad joke, or this is a very horribly run store. I'm starting to lean towards the latter.

As a joke, I'd rate it very high. But don't mind me I'm probably just delirious from the flu and find this thread and especially the serious deadpan responses funny. Surely I'm not alone. BTW as the other customer I'd be more annoyed that my personal info was given out and the embarassment caused in revealing that they paid $50 bucks for that watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back