Shipping Mistake In My Favor
Jan 14, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #16 of 42
I have actually had similar situations with a number of different sellers. I always contacted them and every time they told me to just keep the item as it was more trouble than it was worth to straighten it out.

Jan 14, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #17 of 42
I just sent off an e-mail to the company explaining everything that happened and asking what course of action they'd like to take to clear things up. I really do like this watch (I've only worn in once, and I'm definately seeing the perks of spending $50 on a watch), but the calculator watch is so anti-cool, it's cool. It's like the Grado of watches. The e-mail was motivated equally by me feeling guilty and me wanting the pimp watch I originally ordered.

Also, the company in question is Dealsaholic, and they don't appear to be all that big of a firm. That's a little more motivation to be honest...

Jan 14, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
but the calculator watch is so anti-cool, it's cool

Wear the watch in the inside of the wrist so when you type on the calculator keys people will think you are sending out emails.

Jan 14, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 42
Contact the person in georgia.

Who knows, he might have called the company and complained he got the wrong watch and recieved the right now.

Contact him.

Jan 14, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Contact the person in georgia.

I have his full name and address, so I could send him a letter, but that would take far too long. There's a phone number look-up, but I'd find that a bit creepy if someone called me up and told me they found my phone number online, thanks to a company mistakingly sending my full name and address to a random person.

Jan 15, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #21 of 42
I had that exact calculator watch when I was about 10, I'm kinda surprised they still make that very model
icon10.gif

Anyway, the guy in Georgia won't be screwed. He'll call the merchant and say "Hey, I got a crappier watch than I ordered!" and the company will probably straighten it out. Of course, he may have YOUR full name and address and they may figure out what happened. It's probably best to clear things up with SOMEBODY (either the guy or the company), I'm betting you may even get to keep the watch you go because it wouldn't be worth shipping costs to get the watch back from you and then get you what you ordered.

Jan 15, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #22 of 42
I'd send it back because nothing says REAL panache like a Calculator Watch!

Jan 15, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #23 of 42
The G-Shock watches are awesome to say the least, but nothing beats the old calculator watches.
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #24 of 42
If the other guy got the wrong watch or no watch at all, wouldn't he just contact the company for a replacement?

For me its not that big a deal; there are other ways to define who you are.
rolleyes.gif
That said in this case, the watch was for someone else so its not really right to keep it. If they just sent me the wrong product by accident I'd keep it.

Jan 15, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #25 of 42
I would send it back.This has happened to me on several occasions and if the person lived near me I dropped the package off to them or returned it.

Finally,it happened to me in the scenario where I ordered something and FED EX dropped it off at the wrong apt.-never to be seen again !

It took them over a week to finally admit their fault plus they tried to get me to hound the company about it.This certain company was a pain in the ass and had the "your loss *******" attitude torwards me. After myself having to make the effort to see if this "certain company"(some of you guys order from) was reimbursed by FED EX,they still did'nt want to rightfully send me the product I paid for.They finally did after many unecessary phone calls..Hell,I dont know why I'm witholding the name of this establishment..they tried to screw me...anyway....

Aplologies for being so verbose but imagine what this guy in Georgia must be feeling. Hopefully,the company he ordered from will just send another watch for his sake.Last but not least:hope you never have to go thru this--especially,if it was something as expensive as an amp or electrical components.

Jan 15, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Between the two I would have to agree and say the cal watch is way more Panache!

Not more than the watch I had when I was like 12 that you could set to use as a remote control for the TV...lol

It was fun because all you needed to know was a code for a specific make of TV and you could control it...needless to say it was fun to use in class when the teacher would put on a movie I deemed to be boring...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back