Shipping Discussion (Fed-Ex, USPS, UPS)
Dec 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Abovetheair

100+ Head-Fier
This thread is for the discussion of shipping services offered by Fed-Ex, USPS, UPS (AKA who delivers your audio products).

Who is your favorite/least favorite, and why?

My personal findings:

GOOD:

USPS- Cheap and reliable shipping for Domestic shipments. Never have I had a package (shipped over 1000) turn up missing for a domestic order. The one International order even arrived.

UPS- Pricey, but have always delivered on time, and seem to have more clean cut workers.

BAD:

Fed-Ex- First time using personally was last week because of their cheap price for a local (2 hour drive) delivery. I sent off my headphones to be re-cabled by a member on here, paid for date certain delivery and package pickup (I was working black friday). Package pickup worked like a charm (and it was only $3). It then sat that Friday night at the local facility for delivery.

Now comes the fun... the package didn't arrive on Saturday like I paid for. Called Fed-Ex after my black friday shift and they couldn't give me a valid reason for it not to be delivered. Pretty big deal, but I was just going to have to wait until the next weekend for my headphones to be re-cabled.

That is until I called today. After holding on the line for 20 minutes I was finally able to get in touch with the shipping center. They now don't know where the package is, and cannot find it in the shipping center or a drivers truck. I went ahead and asked how to get started on a insurance claim, AND they told me "There is no insurance bought for this package", when indeed I bought $250 of insurance. What a hassle.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 7
If I had to rank them
1.UPS
2.Fed-Ex
3.USPS

I have never had any problems with UPS or Fed-Ex, but USPS has lost like 5 packages I was supposed to receive, with most recently being a pair of headphones. If I could add more shipping services, I would add 'Ontrac' for good service, probably above Fed-Ex.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 7
If I had to rank them
1.UPS
2.Fed-Ex
3.USPS

I have never had any problems with UPS or Fed-Ex, but USPS has lost like 5 packages I was supposed to receive, with most recently being a pair of headphones. If I could add more shipping services, I would add 'Ontrac' for good service, probably above Fed-Ex.

I would think that Fed-Ex would be top of the line, above USPS, but not as pricey as UPS. At the moment the seem to be chickens with their heads cut off. They have no clue of where the package is, or where it could be. Funny thing is, if it was stolen the employee managed to snag a pair of DT770's with a non functional right earphone (due to the wiring being eaten by my dog), and without the headband. 

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 7
I would think that Fed-Ex would be top of the line, above USPS, but not as pricey as UPS. At the moment the seem to be chickens with their heads cut off. They have no clue of where the package is, or where it could be. Funny thing is, if it was stolen the employee managed to snag a pair of DT770's with a non functional right earphone (due to the wiring being eaten by my dog), and without the headband. 

Well, I haven't received anything from Fed-Ex in a few months, so I wouldn't know if they are messing things up, lately. It sucks, when things get "lost", though. :mad:

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 7
Ordered the M&M stack last night using Fed Ex international priority shipping to Canada BC. Hmmmm I'll let you guys know about my experience when i receive my package. Hopefully it's s'all good =S 

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 7
M&M stack arrived 2 days ago. Took a day and a half to ship which is UBERSPEED! My package arrived VERY CLOSE to the estimated time too. The only thing that was kinda negative were the taxes + ROD fee of 10.50. Lesson of the day: importing into canada is expensive =D

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 7
M&M stack arrived 2 days ago. Took a day and a half to ship which is UBERSPEED! My package arrived VERY CLOSE to the estimated time too. The only thing that was kinda negative were the taxes + ROD fee of 10.50. Lesson of the day: importing into canada is expensive =D

Nice, I like it when things get delivered earlier than expected! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back