Shipping Disasters
Aug 17, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #16 of 20
wow... Talk about a surprise getting off the plane expecting to see a dingo and seeing a moose.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 20
Well I woke up this morning to find this notice from UPS in my inbox:

Exception Reason: THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO A MECHANICAL TRAIN FAILURE

So the parts I needed to fill an order are sitting in Illinois while they figure out how to make the train move again.
plainface.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #18 of 20
not sure if this is shipping disaster or idiocy. i won an auction on ebay for about 12 cds. the seller mentioned that he no longer had the cases. i thought no big deal. he shipped the cds in a box and each cd was tightly wrapped in newspaper. do you know how dirty newspapers are and how easily the ink smudges on anything they touch. the cds looked completely unplayable. i cleaned them up with some solution and to my surprise they all seem to play fine.

but what was he thinking.

Aug 18, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That reminds me of the british people who got on the wrong flight and went to Sydney in Nova Scotia, Canada,... instead of Sydney- Australia. !! Quite the difference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2172858.stm

I'm an advocate of unique town names, not like our local Mexico, Cuba, Carthage, Albany, Odessa, and Richmond, Missouri, among others. This state has three towns named Pumpkin Center, and I've been to two of them! The quoted post reminded me of one of my favorite town names: Ecum Secum, Nova Scotia [near Musquodoboit Harbor]. Now, that's unique.

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back