Shipping Disasters
Aug 16, 2007 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

badpenny

100+ Head-Fier
Hopefully im not the only one that has to go though shipping disasters!

So I get an email from UPS about tracking info.... Only thing is.... they shipped them to London, England instead of London, Canada!!!!

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attempted Delivery GREAT BRITAIN 08/15/07 7:01pm
Abroad
Arrived Abroad GREAT BRITAIN 08/15/07 7:01pm

International Dispatch MIAMI AMC 08/09/07 1:44pm

Enroute NASHVILLE TN 37227 08/08/07 6:28pm

Acceptance FRANKLIN TN 37065 08/08/07 10:41am

Post some of your disasters, i bet some of you have alot worse!!!

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 20
Ahahah! I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh... but that's just too idiotic not to make me burst out loud. I can't believe that happened. Was it a company or an individual who shipped the package?

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 20
Well, It was a company. But they said they shipped it to my correct address... So I guess the guy at the USPS depot just saw "London" and tossed it in the UK pile
frown.gif

So much for the free express shipping that was to come with the order!

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 20
Not a huge deal, but it took three weeks for the "4-7 day" option to get from China to the US on a flashlight I recently ordered.

I wonder how often something like the London thing happens. I bet Miami Florida instead of Miami Ohio is another common one.

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 20
Well let me tell you something. I work in a customs brokerage in London... we get shipments from the USA all the time in our warehouse. We end up sending it all to Toronto to get sorted... even stuff that is to be shipped to London. Little do people know that their package is already in their town, but then gets shipped a few hours away and then shipped back.. thats like 4 extra days.

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #12 of 20
I had a UPS package that was routed to a terminal in Buffalo, NY, then on to Syracuse, NY. It was then shipped to me in Rochester, NY - and Rochester is between Buffalo and Syracuse!

Deinitely not as bad as confusing London, England for London, Ontario, though. That's a good one.

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by badpenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I get an email from UPS about tracking info.... Only thing is.... they shipped them to London, England instead of London, Canada!!!!

This happened once on All In The Family, and because of his mistake, poor Archie didn't get a Christmas bonus.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back