ship-fi? (pics: 56k = no)
May 4, 2005 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

rmx

100+ Head-Fier
Took a trip down to vancouver island over the weekend, and as always, our weather here in Beautiful British Columbia was stunning. This was my most enjoyable ferry trip, mostly due to the garden state soundtrack and this rig:

ship-fi1.jpg

ship-fi2.jpg

PCDP/Dell Axim PDA -> my first starquad mini-mini -> homebuilt RA1 clone -> MS2i/DT-770/80

There's nothing like this view, with "In The Waiting Line" by Zero 7 and "Don't Panic" by Coldplay playing over the MS2i's .... awesome! Especially when Chris Martin belts out "We live in a beautiful world...."

view.jpg

The ferry I was on looks just like this one:

ferry.jpg

Oh, and the garden state soundtrack is such a great compilation for easy listening...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...19012?v=glance

Thank you head-fi for making my travelling so much more enjoyable!

May 4, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx
view.jpg

What a lovely view! Could definitely make for a great wallpaper
cool.gif

May 4, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #5 of 14
Great pictures. I love the first one, perfect combination of the surroundings and your rig.

P.S. The picture gloco talked about is my background now.

May 4, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 14
I'll echo your thoughts about the Garden State OST, it's wonderful. I listen to it at night a lot, and walking to campus on nice days. It's cool seeing all the clouds reflected in the tall glass buildings in Pittsburgh on a sunny Spring day
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #8 of 14
Yarrr matey!
Those are some beautiful pics!!

May 4, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 14
I just ran outside and snapped this pic for you guys - the sunset tonight was beautiful!

Huge Pic!

May 4, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #11 of 14
very good pics

May 4, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
Is it original? I saw the movie and thought that I recognized most of the music.

Maybe not...

not OST, but a great compilation of tunes. It's one of those sdtk's that you can put on and zone out to.

May 4, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx
I just ran outside and snapped this pic for you guys - the sunset tonight was beautiful!

Huge Pic!

Sweet pic bro!

May 4, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx

Huge Pic!

My new desktop background
smily_headphones1.gif
Very nice pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back