Shifted balance in FiiO E6
Dec 21, 2011 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

thesilentman

New Head-Fier
A little question for the FiiO E6 owners. My new E6, when in the "green" equalizer mode, has a noticeable balance shift to the left (compared to the other modes), i.e. the left side is more dominant/louder. This happens with different sources and different headphones.

Did I get a faulty copy, what do you think?

Correction: it's actually a "blue" mode.

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 8
I'm a little confused here. As far as I know there's no green equalizer mode for the e6. I'm toggling the EQ modes on my e6 and it goes from no LED -> Red -> Blue -> Purple -> no LED. Looking at the manual doesn't seem to indicate anything about a green mode either. 

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 8
Can't say I've noticed a balance shift on the blue mode(considering that's the only mode I ever use 
wink.gif
). You may want to exchange your current e6 with another one and see the results. Good luck.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 8
I'm having the same problem with mine at the moment, again, only on the EQ2 setting (Blue LED). I'm going to contact Fiio later today and see what they suggest because I bought mine in the USA while on holiday.

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #7 of 8
[size=medium]Two weeks ago I purchased a pair of Ultrasone HFI-580 along with a Fiio E6 amp.  As the days went by I noticed that the left ear was pouring out more the right side.  I then started to adjust the EQ frequencies and noticed that on the highest one (Blue) there was heavy play on the left side only.  I started doing some research on the problem and ended up here.[/size]

[size=medium]I’m sure that we are not the only ones noticing the problem. I would like to know if there is a solution to the above issue as well.  I’ve been doing my research and noticed that there are better amps out there but none were in this price range of the E6.  Lately I’ve been playing my amp on the next highest EQ level which is red.  Its okay but I would like my super bass boost back.  Even suggestions on amps in this same price range would be nice. [/size]

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #8 of 8
I decided to email Fiio about this issue and they said that I can return my E6 under warranty to the vendor. The trouble is that I bought it in the US and I live in the UK so it's not worth my while returning it as it'll cost more than a new E6 to mail it back.

Just going to start saving those pennies and buying an HM-602 to replace my iPhone/Amp combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back