Sherwood s-7910
Aug 6, 2011 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Vonx

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys! 

So my dad owns this awesome ancient piece of equipment from the 70's called a sherwood s-7910 and i think its mostly for recieving radio at higher qualities but from what i heard and read its very rare and well made and sought after?

Im wondering if it has amping capabilities and if anyone knows anything about it from that era!?!?

I'm pretty new to hifi gear and im kinda new at identifying the purpose of some audio equipment.

what exactly does it do? 

thanks
popcorn.gif

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hey guys! 

So my dad owns this awesome ancient piece of equipment from the 70's called a sherwood s-7910 and i think its mostly for recieving radio at higher qualities but from what i heard and read its very rare and well made and sought after?

Im wondering if it has amping capabilities and if anyone knows anything about it from that era!?!?

I'm pretty new to hifi gear and im kinda new at identifying the purpose of some audio equipment.

what exactly does it do? 

thanks
popcorn.gif

This is a "receiver" or in old parlance a Tuner-Amplifier from ~1974, a radio tuner and integrated amplifier in the same chassis. A unit of that vintage will also include a phono-preamplifier stage which means you can connect a Turntable to it (should you wish)  it has a headphone socket and will power speakers 60wpc into 8ohms, (two sets I think). Unusually the tape input/output are 1/4 jacks.

Aug 6, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
This is a "receiver" or in old parlance a Tuner-Amplifier from ~1974, a radio tuner and integrated amplifier in the same chassis. A unit of that vintage will also include a phono-preamplifier stage which means you can connect a Turntable to it (should you wish)  it has a headphone socket and will power speakers 60wpc into 8ohms, (two sets I think). Unusually the tape input/output are 1/4 jacks.

Wonderful! thanks for the info!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back