Shenzhen Audio - very slow shipping / no order updates?
Nov 18, 2020 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

silent-circuit

Headphoneus Supremus
I purchased a number of things from Shenzhen Audio during the 11.11 sale across 3 orders (had some prepaid cards I wanted to use up) and have not received even an order confirmation email from them.

The other day I used the live chat and confirmed the orders were at least received and the rep told me I'd get emails once things have shipped. Using the automated system with my order numbers it says 'oh sorry we are experiencing delays' or something. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect things to have shipped a week later from a major retailer. I get that the 11.11 sale is very big and they are probably overwhelmed with far more orders than usual, but a week later and no updates at all, that doesn't feel right.

Honestly if they were a smaller retailer and not a sponsor of the site that I know many others have had good experiences with I might be disputing the charges by now.

Is this normal behavior for them, or is it just that the 11.11 sale was too much?

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 6
Nov 18, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Got a reply via the website. Supposedly the A90 and D90 were out of stock (though they weren't listed as such and I wasn't told it was a stock issue until I asked twice, a week later) and they still don't have units but are "working hard to supply and coordinate shipping". Other items I ordered are also supposedly out of stock until the end of the month despite showing in stock when they were ordered (and still showing in stock now). I realize there is a potential language barrier involved, but the way things were described make it sound like this isn't new information to anyone at Shenzhen Audio, they just don't keep stock status up to date on the site or inform customers of backorders.

I won't be cancelling this order since the pricing on 11.11 was a significant savings, but I will never do business with them again. From now one I'll get Apos or another vendor to price match rather than dealing with Shenzhen Audio. This was a very bad first and last experience. I spent nearly $1500 and feel completely ignored.

EDIT: To be clear I do not have any affiliation with any vendor, I'm just irate with how this has been handled. If I ignored a customer or didn't inform them of a backorder for a week in my business I'd probably lose them as a customer forever. Surprised there haven't been more mentions of this kind of behavior.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 6
I hear you. One time I ordered something and two weeks later no update. When I emailed them they said oh we don't have the whole order in stock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back