Shellbrook Audio Labs!!!!!Help!!!
Apr 24, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #16 of 26
Nick- I've asked Drew to build up a slight custom Maxi Moy, but I requested to not pay upfront, and pay once it arrives (and it works and is what the spec I requested) so I've got nothing to loose. Once it arrives and I'm happy with it I'll pay. If it takes a couple of months not too fussed.

But I can certainly understand the anger from previous posters if you've paid and it took months to arrive, and when it did either faulty/missing parts/not correct spec.

Apr 24, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #17 of 26
i may be mistaken, but isn't it illegal or at least terrible business practice to charge someone for an item until it has been shipped? i understand if the work is of an extremely custom nature and you want a deposit, but for something pretty standard like the majority of people order from him, i see no reason why anyone should be charged until there product is actually in the mail. i've been shopping online for years and have never been charged for an unshipped product before. there are just too many things that can go wrong!

Apr 24, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

i may be mistaken, but isn't it illegal or at least terrible business practice to charge someone for an item until it has been shipped?

Most businesses have merchant accounts to process credit card transactions. Credit card transactions occurs in two steps: 1) authorization 2) post. In step #1, your credit card is charged for the amount -- your available balance from your credit limit is reduced, but you won't see the transaction appear on your transactions history. Your credit card is automatically validated here because if you give a bogus number, it will fail authorization. When the item ships, step #2 is taken. This is when the transaction becomes final and appears on your credit card statement.

Any businesses that don't have a merchant account, but instead use Paypal or similar services can't perform this two step processing. Paypal authorizes and posts immediately.

Businesses that do use paypal, have to charge up front because they have to know that you gave them a valid credit card. Otherwise, what would happen is that they would ship the item, then charge your card only to find out its a fake number. What happens then? Obviously they can't rely on you not to disappear off the face of the earth.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by dokebi
With these tired reoccurring incidents why is everyone still benevolent to shellbrook?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, ..........

Apr 26, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #22 of 26
I got the amp today and I must admit, it was well worth the wait. I would buy another Ascent amp from Drew, simply because the sound quality is exceptional. I am sorry to all those who are still waiting, I think in the end, it will work itself out.

Tom
manfred77
600smile.gif

Apr 26, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #23 of 26
I waited 6 months - it didnt. I now have a refund - as have quite a few others in the past. 6 months is too long - it is way past waiting for it to workout. I was told something 12 times that it had already been dispatched when it wasn't - that raises issues beyond simple over commitment.

Apr 27, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #24 of 26
biovizier,
What's the story? Didn't you take part in the last thread, and weren't you assured that everything would be taken care of? If you have a legitimate complaint, it would help if you were to report it in some detail so that other potential consumers can make a more informed choice.

Whatever happened to the business college make over?

Apr 27, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #25 of 26
posts like these seem to be the norm now?

well I might as well post my experience,

I ordered a mini moy about 2 months ago or so, I received it about 5 days after shipping date quote. I knew that no one at the time was getting their amps on time so I didnt sweat it.

Received the mini moy and its an EXCELLENT amp, the batterylife on the darn thing is great, I just changed out the battery about 2 weeks aog. Prior to that it was one the original battery it shipped in :p, but I didnt use it too often either though.

had an discrepency with the cable I ordered with it too. but that wasnt too big of an issue.

the mini moy was one nice little amp unit.

I dont regret ordering the mini moy.

sorry to hear about the complaints. Im surpised drew hasnt stopped by to give his input.

threads like these must really hurt his business.

Apr 27, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #26 of 26
Sure - I finally received an amp 6 weeks ago but it was defective and half the accessories werent sent (I recall I was not the only one to have made those particular complaints). I was assured a replacement would be with me in a week. 6 weeks on there was nothing except more of the same as before: I was told it was shipped repeatedly but nothing ever arrived, emails unanswered etc. I realised I wasn't going to get it any time soon and that nothing had changed so I got a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back