Shellbrook Audio Labs!!!!!Help!!!
Apr 21, 2005 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

manfred77

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered a ShellBrook Audio Labs Ascent Amp about a month ago, paid for, and am wondering if anybody has received anything from Drew lately. He's said it has been shipped 3 different times, but I'm still waiting. Now his website seems to have problems. Anybody know what's up with this company? Or am I out $300. Try to get a refund through Paypal if it doesn't come soon. Too bad, I've heard such good things about his work.

Thanks, Tom
frown.gif

Portland, Oregon

Apr 21, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 26
I initially (and to some extent still do) felt bad for Drew, but this is getting ridiculous. At least have the sense to level with your customers about a late shipment, don't tell them its gone out three times.

Apr 21, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 26
I went through this same problem. Since it had been more than 30 days since the purchase when I filed the Paypal complaint, Paypal automaticly dismissed it. I called my credit card company and requested a "charge-back for non-delivered goods" and got my money back the same day. Good luck.

Apr 21, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 26
We've heard very little information and only one side of the story, so perhaps we should all hold our comments. I PM'd manfred with an offer to help communicate with Drew, he has yet to respond. So, unless you have actual help to offer I suggest (as kindly as possible
smily_headphones1.gif
) that you silently circle the waters prior to piling on. That's not going to do anyone any good and will likely get this thread locked, deleted or otherwise.

Nate

Apr 22, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #10 of 26
So Nate are you assuming responsibility for Drew and his problems?

Will you be issuing refunds to the affected parties?

“We've heard very little information and only one side of the story,”

You know this has been going on for 6 months or more. Search the archives there have been lots of dissatisfied customers asking for help.

It’s nice of you to step forward and offer to help- are you his mother?

Mitch

Apr 22, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
So Nate are you assuming responsibility for Drew and his problems?

No.
Quote:

Will you be issuing refunds to the affected parties?

No.
Quote:

You know this has been going on for 6 months or more. Search the archives there have been lots of dissatisfied customers asking for help.

Yes, I realize this, and you'll see that I've tossed in my 0.02 in some of those threads as well. It appeared, for at least the past couple months that Drew might have turned the corner.
Quote:

It’s nice of you to step forward and offer to help- are you his mother?

No, I'm not. But I do have a non-internet based method of contacting Drew, so I offered this to manfred seeing as Drew's site with this information is currently down. Now do you have anything in the way of help to offer, since that was the point of this thread?

Nate

Apr 22, 2005 at 1:04 PM Post #13 of 26
I'm sure everything will work out in the end, hopefully I will get an amp soon and it will be as good as everybody says they are. I'm sorry if I've stirred up a hornets nest about this, I'd much rather give Drew the benefit of the doubt.

manfred77

Apr 22, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #14 of 26
tongue.gif
k1000smile.gif
eggosmile.gif
etysmile.gif
icon10.gif
rolleyes.gif

Apr 24, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #15 of 26
I ordered a unit from Shellbrook 6 months ago. After being told a many times it had been dispatched and a variety of excuses multiple times - confused names, waiting for parts, other employess mistake etc etc - I finally recieved it 6 weeks ago. However the unit was defective and did not come with half the parts specified in the order. I was told the replacement unit would be with me in ten days ... six weeks ago. Since that time I have recieved numerous excuses. The last was two weeks ago and I have heard nothing sicne that time. In the last few days I have PMed Drew on Headfi (read reciept returned to me) and also via the Shellbrook lab stating that unless the he sends me the tracking number prooving it was dispatched 2 weeks ago then I want a refund. Of course I got no reply. Adding it all up I would imagine that I have been told more than a dozen times that a unit has been dispatched - at 1-2 week intervals over the last 5 months. Drew assured everyone that all the problems were fixed two months ago but clearly they are not. Twelve shipping mistakes in a row (and I know I am not the only one there are many others) is stretching credulity a bit far. I was told on TWO seperate occasions he had confused me with two other nicks and that makes me very suspicious...

Nick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back