Sharp SACD player on ebay!
Aug 15, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #32 of 51
I just recieved some bad news from the Sharp Factory Outlet. They told me that there had been a mistake and they had no inventory left to complete my order. Bummer, I was looking forward to getting it.

Pete

Aug 15, 2003 at 3:56 AM Post #36 of 51
I got the same message from SFO, not enough inventory (the one I won the day before Pete) so I guess I just have 2 which are actually in my possesion. I wonder if they figured out how much they are worth and instead of just cancelling the auctions they pulled this stunt. I will be watching them closely for a long time to see if they start listing them again at a much higher price.

Pete if I was home I would have gone to 350 but I guess it doesn't matter now, since neither of us will be getting them. I got my 2 for 202 and 212... what a sweet deal indeed. Was hoping to get a few to pay for the one I'll keep.

I opened the case and it's nicely shielded, all copper casing with individual shielded circuit casings. No wonder it's so dang heavy for it's size!

kartik, how did you like the blackout (think you're still in it). How long would you want the amp to headphone cable to be? 1',2',3' or more?

Aug 15, 2003 at 1:27 PM Post #37 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Xanadu777
kartik, how did you like the blackout (think you're still in it). How long would you want the amp to headphone cable to be? 1',2',3' or more?

The blackout sucks. The amp to headphone cable of 2 ' should be fine.
Why the sudden interest in the SH111 around here?

Aug 15, 2003 at 1:42 PM Post #38 of 51
The sH111 is supposed to be good but its relatively low output and the fact that it is picky about the speakers it likes makes one worry. To top it all it is not SACD compatible as far as I have seen and I don;t think the DVD is a progressive scan unit. As far as the CD player goes 1199 is kind of expensive when it just sold on ebay for $635 (Link provided by Xanadu777 earlier). However the ability to get a DSD player albeit stereo with reasonably high end parts is kind of inviting.

Aug 15, 2003 at 2:33 PM Post #40 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by kartik
Why the sudden interest in the SH111 around here?

There's been a little bit of interest for a while. I remember Czilla9000 mentioning this unit a few months ago.

Anyway, I took the plunge and ordered a SH111. It arrives Monday -- I'll post some words about it once I've had a chance to listen to it.

Aug 15, 2003 at 3:26 PM Post #41 of 51
I took the plung and ordered the SH111 also. I looks like a great deal for $150. It has 5.6 Mhz sampling rate as compared to the 2.8 for the other one we've been talking about. I don't know if it will sound better though. It does have a headphone jack.

The 2003 CES report had it priced at $1700 though.

What's up with all this Sharp closeout stuff!!!!

Aug 15, 2003 at 3:49 PM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Pete Whitley
The 2003 CES report had it priced at $1700 though.

I think the $1700 price included (fairly cheap) speakers and eventually became the SD-AT100 (almost the same unit as the silver SH111, but with speakers). There's a review up on epinions where someone actually spent $1700 on it, but ended up returning it because he felt it wasn't worth the money. Still, for the current price I think it's definitely worth a try. My speakers are fairly efficient anyway (93dB).

Aug 15, 2003 at 3:58 PM Post #43 of 51
I think the sd-st100 has a sampling rate of 2.8 mhz whereas the sd-sh111 has a sampling rate of 5.6.

I'm not a headphone guy "yet" but please let me know about the sound quality with headphones.

Pete

Aug 15, 2003 at 4:52 PM Post #44 of 51
The newer version of this player is available at audiocubes, albeit for more moolah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back