Sharp 4 pole earbuds review
Feb 13, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #16 of 82
hey actorlife, glad you like these earbuds!

As for the 4pole connector, I interchange regularly between the 3pole adapter and the 4pole connector (I hate using the remote so I only use it when I have to outside). I don't really hear any difference at all in volume or sound quality. So I don't think the 4pole connection makes too much of a difference.

Feb 13, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #17 of 82
Even from changing between the stock 4-pole ear buds to koss 55's I notice that I need more "volume" to achieve the same level of sound. I can't remember, but minidisc.org might have some output numbers when you put a 3-pole into the Auvi.

Feb 13, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #18 of 82
I think its because the ksc-55 is less sensitive.

This is what I've tried so far. When I plug in the 4pole md33 to the dr7 and then disconnect it and plug it into a 3pole adapter and then plug it back to the dr7 there is no difference in sound.

I also tried swapping between a 4pole sharpheiser earbud (basically a 4pole senn mx400) and then with an actual 3pole senn mx400 and there is no apparent difference in sound.

Feb 14, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #19 of 82
nice review, but i kinda doubt how much differnence 4-pole plug would make. are the drivers even good enough for the need of dual ground channel? sharp makes ok portable headphones. i wonder why they bother to make 4-pole plugs and minidisc players like DR7 with 4-plug connector

marketing maybe?

Feb 14, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #20 of 82
the sharps are tempting indeed. and i can collect from bluetin within 2 days if i order now. i guess the wallet has to suffer again.
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #21 of 82
Feb 15, 2004 at 8:39 AM Post #23 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by actorlife
Here is a full explaination of the Sharp 4 poles and amp:
http://www.minidisc.org/classd_amp.html

i know how they work, and have seen that page before, but still dosent make sense to me to have 4pole plug on avarage buds

Feb 15, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #24 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
crap i already made a deal to buy the e2c. i have a few questions. these are canalphone right? how much do they isolate?

Terrymx,

They are canal earbuds. The isolation is really good, i highly recommend them.

Feb 15, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #26 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by Sugo
Hi actorlife, can you rate the degree of isolation you get from sony ex70 vs the sharp? ex70 doesn't really isolation much for me even I get a good seal.

Hi Sugo,

I think they isolate more than the EX70's of course no earbuds are 100 percent, but the sharp 4 pole's are about 90 percent isolation IMHO which is good enough to hear the music clearly.

Feb 16, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #28 of 82
thanks actorlife, but i have a second question before i take the dive. since it have 4poles, does it come with an adaptor to work with normal plugs, or do they only work with the sharp mds?

Feb 16, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #29 of 82
like the ex71, the sharp earbuds come in a short cord with an extension cable. the extension cable is 3pole but the short cord terminates in a 4pole. if you are using a non-Auvi unit, you have to use the 3pole extension.

my impressions are that the er6 is on a whole different level, and it better be considering it retails for 3x as much. I however prefer the sharp earbuds over the shure e2 for unamped usage (i felt the e2 required more power than minidiscs can provide resulting in a very rolled off high end). connect the e2 to anything with power (and we are not even talking that much power here, just what i noticed when i plug them into an indigo vs an n505) and it will be better. the e2 also isolates more but is less comfortable. the comfort combined with short cord is what made me prefer the hp-md33.

Feb 16, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #30 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by PodMan
like the ex71, the sharp earbuds come in a short cord with an extension cable. the extension cable is 3pole but the short cord terminates in a 4pole. if you are using a non-Auvi unit, you have to use the 3pole extension.

my impressions are that the er6 is on a whole different level, and it better be considering it retails for 3x as much. I however prefer the sharp earbuds over the shure e2 for unamped usage (i felt the e2 required more power than minidiscs can provide resulting in a very rolled off high end). connect the e2 to anything with power (and we are not even talking that much power here, just what i noticed when i plug them into an indigo vs an n505) and it will be better. the e2 also isolates more but is less comfortable. the comfort combined with short cord is what made me prefer the hp-md33.

Co-sign

Terry you will not be dissapointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back