Sharing your music one album at a time
Apr 16, 2008 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

qspeedss

Banned
I have to start this thread guys. Frankly, my music library is getting a little boring and downloading singles just takes way too long.

Everyone post your most favorite albums of any genre of music! Share your album library with the rest of us Head-Fiers.

Greatly appreciated.

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 37
Son Volt- "The Search"
Just good rock music. Slight Southern rock feel, but not too much.

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 37
Hard to choose, but did end up on this one...
Massive Attack - "Mezzanine"

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 37
s30463.jpg

Yes, it's country. But this is stripped-down, almost minimalist, music. Always sincere and Lefty is more catchy than you might expect. Nice remaster and compilation, too. If you've never much listened to this genre, this might pull you in.

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #12 of 37
Joshua Judges Ruth - Lyle Lovett

Although this CD doesn't represent the bulk of my listening (which is more acoustic-roots in orientation) I was listening to this CD for the first time in a while. I've been going through some of my collection searching for some well recorded discs to enjoy on a new listening setup.

If you love music, you'd probably love this CD. Witty, wide ranging in influence, representing gamut from songwriter to country to gospel, great session musicians, wonderful vocals and playing but...most of all...an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS digital recording by George Massenburg. Great soundstage and dynamics, i.e. not slammed to death with compression. Tasteful. Clever. Musical. Warm. Engaging. Get it and enjoy!

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #14 of 37
One of my favorite listens is "Sea Change" by Beck. It's a very rich, textured, mellow, and emotional album all the way through IMO. A very clean and detailed recording...my favorite by him for sure.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im trying to get into this album. Riot by paramore. Kinda hardcore punk sung by a girl. not sure i like it yet.

It's more "pop-punk" than "hardcore-punk", but I love Hayley Williams' voice. She's got such a strong voice and can belt out those notes like she's got the lung capacity of an opera singer, not a small 19 year old girl. I'm not saying they're great, but definitely better than some of the stuff I've heard as of late.

Now for my recommendation...I'd say check out "If You're Feeling Sinister" by Belle and Sebastian. Mellow vocals, backed by simple yet effective clean guitar (acoustic and electric). Perfect for a road trip, I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back