sharing worst experience in audio-gd! Be careful everyone..
Dec 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

jjvvcckk

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, create a post here just want to remind everyone being careful to purchase product from audio-gd (if you care about customer service
angry_face.gif
)
 I have never come across such bad customer service in my life. worst service.. ever! 

following is the email history~  

I can't deny its sounds really great for me. It does has very high performance compare to its price. However.. have to say their boss is a jerk!
ask him about DAC, told me to change computer. ask him why, then just blew me off to somewhat forum! (ps. I m willing to do any changes even for changing computer but need reason before start doing this, which he never say anything related to it, just blew me off.. this is not the problem here to discuss if this idea to correct or wrong. what discussing here is how bad the customer service he has with "bad communication" & "disappearing")
Once I complained, he ignore me forever! never replied a single word anymore, not even to expect his apologize 

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 29
I don't think he's said anything unreasonable. Asking someone to try different hardware upstream is pretty common when it comes to technical support and I'd echo that sentiment myself. The computer/audio player can make a significant influence on the end sound as can components downstream. If you can't try using a different computer, can you replace the A-GD gear with your current system and see if you still have the problem? What headphones are you using? Maybe there is an impedance mismatch.

Also for him not replying, try emailing him again. I was in contact with Audio-GD a few years ago and he apologized when I had to resend an email to get a response as emails do not always get through. Something to do with the Chinese government if I remember right.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 29
the key here is not whether the idea he suggest me to change computer is right or not. I m actually willing to try any different thing to improve my experience. That's not the problem at all.
The real problem here is that he just simply blew me off when I asked him why. He just want to insincerely sent me to somewhere to get rid of me.

Also for not repling email; I did send email to him again after that, never get a word from him. Usually there is a automatic response system for them audio-gd which means if someone send a email to him will get a automatic response to show that they did receive it. 
However, I no longer receive it after this depressing conversation. I think he blocked me out or something similar. How rude is that 
mad.gif

I don't mind changing computer or using CD player if its necessary, I just want to know the reason and solve sibilance cause it really drive me crazy. However, he did not say anything explaining it like what you said in the post(its helpful and good advice thanks
normal_smile .gif
). Only thing he did is getting rid of me and completely disappeared.

how can say its a reasonable customer service for this case.. at least for me I have never seen such a "good" service that does not care about customer feelings or even playing disappear later on.. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 29
  the key here is not whether the idea he suggest me to change computer is right or not. I m actually willing to try any different thing to improve my experience. That's not the problem at all.
The real problem here is that he just simply blew me off when I asked him why. He just want to insincerely sent me to somewhere to get rid of me.

Also for not replying email; I did send email to him again after that, never get a word from him. Usually there is a automatic response system for them audio-gd which means if someone send a email to him will get a automatic response to show that they did receive it. 
However, I no longer receive it after this depressing conversation. I think he blocked me out or something similar. How rude is that 
mad.gif

I don't mind changing computer or using CD player if its necessary, I just want to know the reason and solve sibilance cause it really drive me crazy. However, he did not say anything explaining it like what you said in the post(its helpful and good advice thanks
normal_smile .gif
). Only thing he did is getting rid of me and completely disappeared.

how can say its a reasonable customer service for this case.. at least for me I have never seen such a "good" service that does not care about customer feelings or even playing disappear later on.. 

Did you try any of his suggestions? like changing the computer or to a CD player to see if this solved your problems? cause that usually a good start to diagnostics to me. seems like he was trying to help you.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 29
How does it sound without eq? Although the dac is doing the decoding, you pc is still altering the tone if you are using the eq.  Are you using USB, or spidf?  My setup disables the eq when using spidf, but usb treats it like a soundcard and eq options are available. It very well could be your pc.  I would hook up something with pure digital out like a cd player and let the dac do all of the work and see how it sounds.  Personally if I was being very crucial about audiophile quality, I would not be using the a laptop to eq my music.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 29
Well, most likely it will become a pm blackhole if the guy tries to explain everything...

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 29
At this point I'd suggest telling him that you started this thread so that he can explain himself and get back in contact with you. When someone starts a thread like this all eyes are on how the manufacturer responds to it. The sooner they are alerted to it and allowed to voice their side the less awkward it is for everyone.

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #8 of 29
At this point I'd suggest telling him that you started this thread so that he can explain himself and get back in contact with you. When someone starts a thread like this all eyes are on how the manufacturer responds to it. The sooner they are alerted to it and allowed to voice their side the less awkward it is for everyone.

Hi good suggestion. I will do that right now. Thanks!

Dec 11, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #9 of 29
  How does it sound without eq? Although the dac is doing the decoding, you pc is still altering the tone if you are using the eq.  Are you using USB, or spidf?  My setup disables the eq when using spidf, but usb treats it like a soundcard and eq options are available. It very well could be your pc.  I would hook up something with pure digital out like a cd player and let the dac do all of the work and see how it sounds.  Personally if I was being very crucial about audiophile quality, I would not be using the a laptop to eq my music.

Hey

I m not using eq right now, changing eq makes other fields sounds wired so I do not use it at all. Only tried once in order to reduce sibilance but that makes sound worse in treble which I do not like it.
Yeah I m using USB spdif.

Thanks!

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 29
The Story is short.
The people bought a NFB10WM ,maybe from used market, and complain the sibilant .
I advice he change another computer or disc player for try.
He said he use the DAC so the sound just depend on the DAC, should not relating with the computer or CDP.  And let me explain why have relating with the computer or CDP.
I am consider this is long story to explain and  most hifi fans have know why, so I let he discuss this subject in forum.

The last two emails the people said some very bad and begrimed words in CHinese, which is I can't reply any words.

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #12 of 29
  The Story is short.
The people bought a NFB10WM ,maybe from used market, and complain the sibilant .
I advice he change another computer or disc play for try.
He said he use the DAC so the sound just depend on the DAC, should not relating with the computer or CDP.  And let me explain why have relating with the computer or CDP.
This is long story to explain and I am consider most hifi fans have know why, so I let he discuss this subject in forum.

The last two emails the people said some very bad and begrimed words in CHinese, which is I can't reply any words.

Hoho, that is bad? I just explained how the way you treat to a customer. Never include a dirty word. if "jerk" is a dirty word means to you. I m sorry but truth is you deserve it. Not means to be rude but thats the truth how I am thinking the person who you really are.

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #13 of 29
OP .. you have not changed your source to isolate the problem (as previous posters have suggested). That's the number one action anybody should do in this case. Even swap out cables. Please don't get angry - am sure we all would feel frustrated but **** happens. 

Nice to see the designer on this thread (I'm hoping to buy a Audio-GD soon) so that is a good sign

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #14 of 29
We are always like to cooperate with all users resolve the problems which they had encounter while use the product .
But if user have not cooperate with us,  we can't do anythings to resolve the problems.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #15 of 29
We are always like to cooperate with all users resolve the problems which they had encounter while use the product .
But if user have not cooperate with us,  we can't do anythings to resolve the problems.

Very true. If you won't try what Kingwa first suggested he can't help you troubleshoot further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back