SHARE YOUR ZEN MICRO PICTURES!
Mar 13, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #496 of 704
has anyone heard of/expirienced the power draing problem whilst the zen micro is off? im just wanting to know if it is a universal problem
etysmile.gif
thanks a lol and has anyone got a response for my privious post?
confused.gif

Mar 13, 2005 at 8:11 AM Post #497 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodogg
has anyone heard of/expirienced the power draing problem whilst the zen micro is off? im just wanting to know if it is a universal problem
etysmile.gif
thanks a lol and has anyone got a response for my privious post?
confused.gif

Rodogg, its not a problem really- its just that when u turn off ur micro it goes into a "sleep" mode that keeps the harddrive spinning so you can turn it on faster- thats why the startup time is ~2 seconds.

Sometimes, if u leave ur micro for over 24 hrs, the sleep mode turns off- thats why u get the creative logo when u restart ur micro. That constant harddrive spinning drains some of ur battery life, but it is very insignificant. However, because of the varying battery life times, that insignificant draining may become significant.

Mar 13, 2005 at 8:22 AM Post #498 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymouse
Rodogg, its not a problem really- its just that when u turn off ur micro it goes into a "sleep" mode that keeps the harddrive spinning so you can turn it on faster- thats why the startup time is ~2 seconds.

Sometimes, if u leave ur micro for over 24 hrs, the sleep mode turns off- thats why u get the creative logo when u restart ur micro. That constant harddrive spinning drains some of ur battery life, but it is very insignificant. However, because of the varying battery life times, that insignificant draining may become significant.

thanks a lot
eggosmile.gif
do you think creative will release a firmwear update so u can change the sleep mode of it??? besides that i'm sold!
rs1smile.gif
Zen micro all the way!

Mar 13, 2005 at 9:04 AM Post #499 of 704
z4.jpg

zen micro compared in size to a standard cd.

@johto
getting my skull crushed wearing the px100. portapros are a little more comfortable, imo.

i have two choices in my situation: get my skull crushed or rip out my hair (portapro)

Mar 13, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #500 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pochi
z4.jpg

@johto
getting my skull crushed wearing the px100. portapros are a little more comfortable, imo.

i have two choices in my situation: get my skull crushed or rip out my hair (portapro)

So px-100 is for small heads? Dunno if my head is big or small...have you used to wear full sized cans, example hd5xx / hd6xx ? It seems funny that phones that small, like px-100 could "crush" anything in the first place, looking the pictures and reviews it is said that px-100 should be very light and "transparent"...i will find out in a week or so...btw, your picture is awesome...your Micro looks just like mine
tongue.gif
LOL
blink.gif

Mar 13, 2005 at 1:34 PM Post #501 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodogg
thanks a lot
eggosmile.gif
do you think creative will release a firmwear update so u can change the sleep mode of it??? besides that i'm sold!
rs1smile.gif
Zen micro all the way!

The hard drive doesn't spin, that would drain the battery VERY fast. What it actually does it keep enough power so it keeps what youre listening to in the memory so when it starts up it can start playing straight away. This requires a little bit of power but seems to drain the Zen Micro a little. I did have this problem when I first got my Micro but lately it hasn't been happening to me, how strange. I ordered a second battery anyway so I should be covered incase one dies in the middle of a boring uni lecture
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #502 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by johto
So px-100 is for small heads? Dunno if my head is big or small...have you used to wear full sized cans, example hd5xx / hd6xx ? It seems funny that phones that small, like px-100 could "crush" anything in the first place, looking the pictures and reviews it is said that px-100 should be very light and "transparent"...i will find out in a week or so...btw, your picture is awesome...your Micro looks just like mine
tongue.gif
LOL
blink.gif

the fit is a bit tight around my (giant?) head. so i can't wear them for extended periods

Mar 13, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #503 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by arehei
First post here btw
smily_headphones1.gif

This was a genious thread. Really helpfull when choosing a colour.

I had a silver Zen. It was beautifull in my opinion. Anyways, sendt it back because of bugs and i will get a new Pink one in a few days. Not many pictures of the pink here, so i can take plenty pictures and post here if you want.

Really geniously what you have done with that Altoids box. I would wish they sell that in norway, but they don't. Can't think of any similar box, well, i'll find something eventually
smily_headphones1.gif

whatever happened to your pink one, arehei? We'd love pictures.

Mar 13, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #504 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pochi
z4.jpg

@johto

That's the exact same set up as mine - even the same colour. I'll try and post pictures soon.

Mar 14, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #505 of 704
This was posted on the Creative Forums in response to a thread about how ridiculous the iPod Shuffle descrition on the Apple website is (basically saying that the Shuffle is a flash player, with a random mode and no screen). I though this was quite funny.

"Time to git giggy widit. Meet Creative's Micro, the unpredictable new Micro. Will it play? Will the headphone jack break? How long will the battery last today? Can it read your mind? Will your N2G licenses die out on you randomy? Can it read your moods? Take 3 hours and load it up with tracks. Put in on, if it'll go on. See where it takes you (back to the store for a replacement?). Choose from 4GB, 5GB or 6GB models starting at $179 and surprise yourself when you relalize you have no AC adapter. But don't worry, you can get one for $40 extra. And lots of cool fun accessories for you to throw away even more of your money on, are ON THE WAY....PRE-ORDER HERE! PRE-ORDER HERE!"

Mar 14, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #506 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by link247
This was posted on the Creative Forums in response to a thread about how ridiculous the iPod Shuffle descrition on the Apple website is (basically saying that the Shuffle is a flash player, with a random mode and no screen). I though this was quite funny.

"Time to git giggy widit. Meet Creative's Micro, the unpredictable new Micro. Will it play? Will the headphone jack break? How long will the battery last today? Can it read your mind? Will your N2G licenses die out on you randomy? Can it read your moods? Take 3 hours and load it up with tracks. Put in on, if it'll go on. See where it takes you (back to the store for a replacement?). Choose from 4GB, 5GB or 6GB models starting at $179 and surprise yourself when you relalize you have no AC adapter. But don't worry, you can get one for $40 extra. And lots of cool fun accessories for you to throw away even more of your money on, are ON THE WAY....PRE-ORDER HERE! PRE-ORDER HERE!"

wait a minute, apple people are making fun of the micro for not having a stock charger and "wasting" money on other manufacturer extras?????ahhahahaha you hipocratic fools, look in the F'ing mirror.

Oh and take the fanboy statements elsewhere.

Mar 16, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #507 of 704
where are the pics? COME ON GUYS, JUST CUZ WE HAVE PICS OF THE BLACK, WHITE, SILVER, BLUE, RED, GREEN, OR WHAT NOT DOESN'T MEAN U SHOULDN'T POST THEM,! TAKE PICS AND POST! SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK TOO LAZY TO MOVE MY FINGER A KEY OVER
rolleyes.gif

Mar 16, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #509 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
i'll take pics of my silver micro when i get it (should be tomorrow)

Didnt you order the 6gb? or could you just not wait?
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #510 of 704
i emailed creative after i ordered the 6gb and they promptly responded (good service, i was impressed) that it would only start shipping march 31st. me being me, i couldn't wait half that long. anyways, yesterday i cancelede the order with creative and ordered the sliver 5gb from newegg. should be arriving tomorrow. i know i'll regret it later (after march 31st
tongue.gif
), but now i only have 3gb of music, and i don't expect it to get much larger any time soon. hopefully i'll also order some md33's in a few days as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back