SHARE YOUR ZEN MICRO PICTURES!
Feb 16, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #376 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
its not a good bright purple first off, and purple is my least favorite color to begin with. some people hate the orange and lime green with a passion but i kinda like em cause they got some zest. *pun definately INtended

ps. you have 69 posts....tee hee

rolleyes.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #377 of 704
Hmm...this red one will need a matching altoids case...just wait before you make it - you might be still caught in Valentine`s spirit and might not like it in 3 month
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #378 of 704
New here, but you seem like the folks who would know how to help.

I am decided on a Zen Micro after tons of searching. My parents (on a guilt trip) tell me they'll get me what I want for Christmas, so I tell them. Mom, who doesn't know any better, goes out and gets me Best Buy gift cards for the cost. Stupid gift cards. So I wait the months for Best Buy to get it in, lurking here, looking at your pictures and dreaming of what color to get. Fall in love with the RED. Decide I could live with dark blue or silver. My Best Buy finally gets them this week - in black only. Stupid Best Buy. No offense to those who love it, but my last choice is black. Do I have to wait months more for them to MAYBE get colors, or is there a way to buy the black and exchange it somewhere else for a different color? There's no way for me to front the money to get one any other way, my husband would freak. (Think he's a bit jealous, not getting one for himself anyway, so I'm trying to give him a break!) Any ideas? Looking at this empty Altoid tin is breaking my heart.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #379 of 704
Quote:

I am decided on a Zen Micro after tons of searching. My parents (on a guilt trip) tell me they'll get me what I want for Christmas, so I tell them. Mom, who doesn't know any better, goes out and gets me Best Buy gift cards for the cost. Stupid gift cards. So I wait the months for Best Buy to get it in, lurking here, looking at your pictures and dreaming of what color to get. Fall in love with the RED. Decide I could live with dark blue or silver. My Best Buy finally gets them this week - in black only. Stupid Best Buy. No offense to those who love it, but my last choice is black. Do I have to wait months more for them to MAYBE get colors, or is there a way to buy the black and exchange it somewhere else for a different color? There's no way for me to front the money to get one any other way, my husband would freak. (Think he's a bit jealous, not getting one for himself anyway, so I'm trying to give him a break!) Any ideas? Looking at this empty Altoid tin is breaking my heart.

I'm sure that if Best Buy is starting to carry the black, then they will carry other colors. The question is when. I would contact your Best Buy, but make sure you're talking to someone who knows what they're talking about, and ask them about if they're going to stock other colors.

I remember someone saying that within a couple months best buy will be carrying all Micros, but I can't find where I read that. Hopefully that's a good sign. Good Luck.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #380 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.caliente
I would contact your Best Buy, but make sure you're talking to someone who knows what they're talking about, and ask them about if they're going to stock other colors.

Yeah, maybe they would be able to special order one. Worth a shot.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #381 of 704
So, I've had my 20 gig Nomad Zen for 2 years now, and it's had a good run. Can't beat the sound quality for an mp3 player, and so I think I want to stick with Creative for portable listening. However, while I'm just about over the edge on buying a micro, a few things are making me nervous. For one, going from my 20 gig player to a 5 is quite a downgrade in size. To be fair, besides last summer when I was in Italy without my computer for 5 weeks, I never really need 20 gigs on it all at once. However, for occasions where I am gone for long periods of time, it's nice to have a huge library. How soon do you think we'll see a player as small as the Micro with 15-20 gigs? If we're only months away, I may wait. Also, with the Micro Photo coming out soon, I'm also slightly hesitant as it may be improved over the current Zen (besides adding the photo feature, which I don't really need anyway). What do you think? Should I take the plunge now, or wait a few more months?

P.S. If anyone's looking for a 20gig Nomad Zen, let me know.

Feb 16, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #382 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138
How soon do you think we'll see a player as small as the Micro with 15-20 gigs?

at the rate the industry is going that mark should come in around 3-4 years at least. it could be more as it gets harder and harder to pack all the 1's and 0's in. a few months wont make any difference HD size wise unless you wait until the 6gb zen micro photo. and that could take till the end of the year. if you want to see if you can deal with just 5 gigs of music for a long term period just delete everything on your zen and load up your fav. 5 gigs of music. If you just cant do without it i would say steer clear of MicroHD players in general. Cowon who makes the M3 is coming out with their M5 in a few months. it has 20 gigs, color screen, and a bunch of other features that i cant remember, and its roughly the size of the M3.

Feb 16, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #383 of 704
Thanks for the thoughts. Probably stuck just waiting, unless there are other ideas. My local Best Buy is worthless, there is no one that I could find that knew what they were talking about. I got the info that they were in the system and going to be stocked from another store while traveling for a conference. Every time I checked locally, they told me they had never had them and never will, right up to the day before they magically showed up on the shelf. And each time I went in, they would only try to sell me the stupid Ipod. Even after the micro was in. The H10 showed up the same day, and the girl tried to tell me that it wouldn't display Jpegs - only the Ipod photo will do that, she says. I'm surrounded by idiots. Will any retailer do an unopened exchange without a receipt, or am I dreaming?

Feb 16, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #386 of 704
Thanks for the input, Cyclone. Again, I think I could do with the 5 gigs, as for things like studying abroad, I'll have my laptop with the rest of my library stored to swap onto/off the mp3 player anyway. And, I guess by the time I'm spending over a month anywhere without my laptop they'll have much larger hard drive mini players anyway. I guess all that's left for me to decide on is if I should wait on the color version or not...I really don't care if all it has over mine is the photo option, but if they make it sturdier build quality, add othe features, or have better firmware, I'd be annoyed. I could wait, but like most I'm impatient. I guess I could theorteically sell the regular micro if the photo version is much better and then just pay the difference down the road. Or, as I'm planning, I could buy from walmart, whre it should be no problem to exchange it even a few months down the road, lol.

Feb 17, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #388 of 704
We all know that you want to get the micro now, go get it
tongue.gif
from what i've seen the micro photo has a optionally stepped up hard drive (extra 50$ for a total 6gb) and the top line 6gb picture will retail at 350 with the 5gb at 300. As for other options i dont think there are too many more. Build quality and firmware are imposible to predict so just assume that they are the same as the current micro. Best buy has a 20 dollar trade in program that you can buy, this makes it so down the road you can just hand them the micro you bought 2 years ago for $250 and trade it in for a new player thats $250.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockit
Here is an old poll coming back to life- vote!
CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE ZEN MICRO POLL!

there is no red option on the third poll....
rolleyes.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #389 of 704
...which colors do you guys think would hold up best with scratches? I'm torn between silver, black, orange, and red...

Feb 17, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #390 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138
...which colors do you guys think would hold up best with scratches? I'm torn between silver, black, orange, and red...

the lighter the color the better. so it should be silver>orange>red>black. black sucks with holding up against scratches and smearing from fingers, but it looks very sexy when clean and scratch free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back