Share your K701 EQ!
Jun 4, 2006 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

spinali

Headphoneus Supremus
One of my big challenges has been to find a good, all-around EQ for my K701. I listen much of the time on my iMac, which uses a Burr-Brown PCM3052 op amp. I imagine every set-up and taste is a little different, and things might even vary from song to song.

All in all, what is your favorite EQ for the K701? Do you have one? Wanna share it?

Here's mine:

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 21
Here's mine:

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 21
There's a small hump around 800hz that i take out when i'm able, however, the k701s are the first of many headphones i've tried that i dont have to EQ to truly enjoy.

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 21
attachment.php

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 21
I also don't use any EQ. It's a very solid headphone and quite enjoyable out of my system. Then again, I never use EQs at all.

Jun 4, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 21
Mine with the X-Fi :

As you can see I love bass
basshead.gif
, but my K701 have only around 30 hours, so they still need a bit of help in that department. The highs are really still too bright for me with a flat EQ, so I had to tame them.

With this custom EQ I think these headphones sound good out of the box (at least for my tastes), even though they're far from being fully burnt in. And the soundstage, which is the thing I prefer with the K701, is already great.

Jun 4, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 21
I have tried playing with EQs and they have a purpose but I have not been very successful in getting a benefit time in and out. I've read there are only two reasons to EQ:

1) Compensate for speakers
2) Compensate for room acoustics

In our world, only #1 counts but the premise is there would only be one EQ setting as the headphones do not change.

... and I guess it would make sense to add some lower freq bass. But it has not been very successful for me. Either the SQ is not terribly better or it adds other artifacts that I do not appreciate.

Still much thanks for the thread as I think it has a lot of merit and I will continue to review other member's EQ settings and see if some work for me.

Jun 5, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
attachment.php

*barfs wildly*

Jun 5, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #15 of 21
One thing I've learned is that Head-FI-ers fall into three categories: bassheads, flatheads, and the rest.

Very interesting. I'm definitely learning something by playing around with these. One of these is downright scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back