Shanling UP5 - Our new flagship portable Bluetooth DAC/AMP
Dec 8, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #661 of 975
I own the older BTR5. yes, I agree with you, but the UP5 has so many issues with the firmware that it is impossible to use.
At that time, everything is working fine for me. I really like my UP5.

Dec 8, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #663 of 975
Same here, got both 5k and UP5; UP5 sounds better and got none of then issues mentioned.

Yes it lacks “nice to have” features coming from the 5k, but better sound and better battery life are also nice.

Only real downside so far is the Bluetooth range, where 5k is a clear winner; with LDAC set to high quality it struggle even at close range if I put my hands around the UP5.

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #664 of 975
For me, since updating to the latest firmware, the main problem has been solved (volume jump). However, the Bluetooth connectivity which remains unstable, it is better to stay very close to the source. I don't have this problem when I use my Q1 as a BT receiver.

Dec 8, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #665 of 975
Glad to hear that friends here are enjoying the UP5. I use the UP5 with the phone via Bluetooth for IEM only, I don't need to use it with usb as desktop I have two monsters R-7HE MK2 & HE-9 I use in desktop for headphones. That's why I care a lot about bluetooth stability and mic for calls along with dac sound quality. Looks like I'll try 5K

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #666 of 975
I own the older BTR5. yes, I agree with you, but the UP5 has so many issues with the firmware that it is impossible to use.
Maybe things will change with a new firmware

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #667 of 975
Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #668 of 975
Doesn't work, they pulled the file..
I managed to find 1.6.0, charging is back to normal now...
I'm going to keep this piece of crap UP5 in my drawer, and try to forget about it... ****ing piece of junk...

Since your charging issue is just software crap . I have the original 1.6.2 update file on my computer and uploaded it to Mega for you. I hope re-uploading it doesn't upset Shanling after they delete it. Anyway, I sent you the link in private messages.

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #669 of 975
Since your charging issue is just software crap . I have the original 1.6.2 update file on my computer and uploaded it to Mega for you. I hope re-uploading it doesn't upset Shanling after they delete it. Anyway, I sent you the link in private messages.
Thank you very much my friend!

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #670 of 975
anywhere i can find 1.6.2 firmware version... the 1.6.3 is messing with the charge timing.. its taking too ****ing long to fully charge... over 6hrs and its still not charged.. What shanling...

This is most likely just some glitch in charging display. When you connect it to your phone, does it show charge at 100%?

I have the original 1.6.2 update file on my computer and uploaded it to Mega for you. I hope re-uploading it doesn't upset Shanling after they delete it. Anyway, I sent you the link in private messages.

You can share firmware as you wish. Only reason it might not be linked on the page is that it was moved to different place in our google Drive.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 9, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #672 of 975
I got this graphical battery logo glitch when charging, "off" menu logo is also glitching which during turning off the unit, when power on shanling logo also messed up, any solution?!

Should i RMA this?! Disappointing so far i encountered anoying bugs like this, especially regarding voice command not detected when turning on the unit, im not encountered this many bugs with up4, actually almost none, and the often anniying bug is sometimes when power on the unit didnot have voice command "power on" or "power off", and cannot be used, i must turning it off and on several times to fix those problem, any idea what happened, i used latest 1.6.3 firmware

Attachments

• IMG_20211210_014151.jpg
    IMG_20211210_014151.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211210_014633.jpg
    IMG_20211210_014633.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2021-12-10-01-47-36-236_com.shanling.shanlingcontroller.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-10-01-47-36-236_com.shanling.shanlingcontroller.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #673 of 975
I may have a good deal on a ATH R70X ... do you think the UP5 can drive it ?
in USB DAC mode, yes you can (dont expect it would be optimal just enough), but in the blutooth mode the power seemed not enough for me, i definitely felt that UP4 bluetooth mode is performing better than UP5 in term of power despite the spec they are throwed in there. power, not sound quality, UP5 is still refine in blutooth mode but the power is downgrade, i even maxed out it and still cannot reach same power in UP4, im sure it has more power in UP4 in bluetooth mode, However, in USB DAC mode, UP5 is better power, better sound as well, they did god job to improve the usb dac section, that's my experince, maybe my unit got bug, i dont know, but that's how i felt for now, i hope this helps.

Dec 9, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #674 of 975
I got this graphical battery logo glitch when charging, "off" menu logo is also glitching which during turning off the unit, when power on shanling logo also messed up, any solution?!

Should i RMA this?! Disappointing so far i encountered anoying bugs like this, especially regarding voice command not detected when turning on the unit, im not encountered this many bugs with up4, actually almost none, and the often anniying bug is sometimes when power on the unit didnot have voice command "power on" or "power off", and cannot be used, i must turning it off and on several times to fix those problem, any idea what happened, i used latest 1.6.3 firmware
This is not normal, please contact your seller for warranty.

in USB DAC mode, yes you can (dont expect it would be optimal just enough), but in the blutooth mode the power seemed not enough for me, i definitely felt that UP4 bluetooth mode is performing better than UP5 in term of power despite the spec they are throwed in there. power, not sound quality, UP5 is still refine in blutooth mode but the power is downgrade, i even maxed out it and still cannot reach same power in UP4, im sure it has more power in UP4 in bluetooth mode, However, in USB DAC mode, UP5 is better power, better sound as well, they did god job to improve the usb dac section, that's my experince, maybe my unit got bug, i dont know, but that's how i felt for now, i hope this helps.
USB mode and Bluetooth mode offer same power. If you are not getting it, you have most likely something affecting the Bluetooth volume setting on side of the transmitter.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 10, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #675 of 975
This is most likely just some glitch in charging display. When you connect it to your phone, does it show charge at 100%?

You can share firmware as you wish. Only reason it might not be linked on the page is that it was moved to different place in our google Drive.
I have the same issue after upgrading to 1.6.3. It takes way longer to charge like twice the time and somewhat shorter play time. May revert back to 1.6.2.

@Shanling please help to share the link to your V1.6.2 firmware as it is no longer in your original link. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back