Shanling UP5 - Our new flagship portable Bluetooth DAC/AMP
Dec 3, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #646 of 975
Hi all, Just received UP5 great sound so far, but go a couple of questions on it:
  1. I noticed USB DAC has priority over Bluetooth; I guess the only way to work with Bluetooth is to disconnect the USB right? Nothing else can be done to override the priority.
  2. Does microphone works over USB DAC or only bluetooth ?
  3. What's the behavior when using multiple Bluetooth devices ? If one device stops playing, will the audio automatically switch to the 2nd device , or how do I force the switch ?

I'm coming from Qudelix 5K, after very little testing UP5 seems to deliver better audio performance; but Shanling, please copy the 5k software ... that's really game-changing, giving a whole new value to the device.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #648 of 975
My UP5 has no voice command anymore (power off and power on voice message), they can be connected but there's no sound at all, the usb dac also not produced a sound, anyone has same problem and how can i solve it ?

Or should i claim for RMA ?

Update (weird it's just gone and now suddenly go back to normal, but what cause of this !?)

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #649 of 975
okay so now i've been charging my UP5 for well over 3hrs.. its still charging? is this normal?

Dec 8, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #651 of 975
I think there's something wrong with mine... I'ts charged for like at least 4hrs.. Still isnt fully charged..

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #652 of 975
Hmmm... So I was about ready to buy the UP5 when I came across this thread.

Gotta ask, is it really as bad as this thread suggests? Seems like decent hardware badly let down by dodgy firmware. Granted, things seem to get fixed for the most part but still!

I'm in the UK and was going to buy from Hifigo, though not sure I want the hassle if I get a 'lemon'!

Edit:- I've gone for it. Fingers crossed it lives up to reviews rather than some of this thread!

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #653 of 975
anywhere i can find 1.6.2 firmware version... the 1.6.3 is messing with the charge timing.. its taking too ****ing long to fully charge... over 6hrs and its still not charged.. What shanling...

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #654 of 975
anywhere i can find 1.6.2 firmware version... the 1.6.3 is messing with the charge timing.. its taking too ****ing long to fully charge... over 6hrs and its still not charged.. What shanling...
Have you tried to turn it on to see if it's fully charge ?

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #656 of 975
When it's charging while plugged into my phone, it will always blink charging even though it's 100%. Once I unplug it then up5 shows 100%
When plugged into my phone it is not blinking because I've choosen the option not charging while plugged

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #658 of 975
Dec 8, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #659 of 975
The UP5 was thrown in the tray of the table and back to the BTR5. Yes, the UP5 has a better sound and a stronger battery, but the experience of using with the phone is disastrous. Many issues with the bluetooth connection and sound synchronization, as well as the mic in it is very bad, hardly anyone can hear me.

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #660 of 975
I have the UP5, BTR5 2021, and Qudelix 5K. The up5 is my favorite sounding. Do you have a similar experience?

I own the older BTR5. yes, I agree with you, but the UP5 has so many issues with the firmware that it is impossible to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back