Shanling UP4 & UP2 - Bluetooth 5.0 DAC/AMP with ES9218P, balanced output, supporting LDAC, HWA LHDC, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX and AAC.
Dec 3, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #571 of 1,460
Update on the AE A&V Professional Store UP2 order:

Just received the message transcripted below. Damn...
Why the hell the tracking number they gave me refers to a parcel that's already on my country's customs? This is odd.
Guess I'll be requesting a refund...
______
Sorry to bother you.

Thanks for your order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Sorry for all inconvenience.
For system error, it uploaded a wrong tracking number, please ignore it.
very sorry to inform you that we were told by carrier, due to widespread mayhem happens in China Hong Kong, your parcel is stuck near border port and unable to send out. Though HK government is working with this, it's uncertain for us when to settle down.
For your purchase experience, we could fully refund to you. Since the parcel is in transmission now, it needs you to follow these instruction steps:
1. Click 'Receive Confirmation' (Don't worry it won't affect your refunding);
2. Open a dispute;
3. Choose 'Return Goods' (Because Carrier will return parcel to us, you don't need to fill anything)
4. Choose 'Personal Reasons' and fill full amount of refund
When it's done, you can leave a message here so that we can process that for you immediately. Thank you.

For any eventual assistance and necessity, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a nice day!

Best regards.

______

Dec 3, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #572 of 1,460
Update on the AE A&V Professional Store UP2 order:

Just received the message transcripted below. Damn...
Why the hell the tracking number they gave me refers to a parcel that's already on my country's customs? This is odd.
Guess I'll be requesting a refund...
______
Sorry to bother you.

Thanks for your order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Sorry for all inconvenience.
For system error, it uploaded a wrong tracking number, please ignore it.
very sorry to inform you that we were told by carrier, due to widespread mayhem happens in China Hong Kong, your parcel is stuck near border port and unable to send out. Though HK government is working with this, it's uncertain for us when to settle down.
For your purchase experience, we could fully refund to you. Since the parcel is in transmission now, it needs you to follow these instruction steps:
1. Click 'Receive Confirmation' (Don't worry it won't affect your refunding);
2. Open a dispute;
3. Choose 'Return Goods' (Because Carrier will return parcel to us, you don't need to fill anything)
4. Choose 'Personal Reasons' and fill full amount of refund
When it's done, you can leave a message here so that we can process that for you immediately. Thank you.

For any eventual assistance and necessity, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a nice day!

Best regards.

______

I think they are trying to evade the negative impact on their store due to fake tracking ids. They also told me to open a dispute under "Personal Reasons". I refused and opened a dispute under Refund only and provided all the proof that they were lying about the tracking id and they don't have it in stock. Yesterday my full refund dispute was accepted.
You can also use their own admission against them in a dispute, mark it where they said they uploaded wrong tracking id. If I were you, I'd not click confirm received.

Dec 3, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #573 of 1,460
I think they are trying to evade the negative impact on their store due to fake tracking ids. They also told me to open a dispute under "Personal Reasons". I refused and opened a dispute under Refund only and provided all the proof that they were lying about the tracking id and they don't have it in stock. Yesterday my full refund dispute was accepted.
You can also use their own admission against them in a dispute, mark it where they said they uploaded wrong tracking id. If I were you, I'd not click confirm received.
That's actually a good advice! I'll do that! Thanks

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #574 of 1,460
Hiii Teams @Shanling ... When can it officially be released for a "Leather Case for UP2" collection ???

Hoping for the model to add such a collection of "Leather Case Fiio M6", there is a sticker "Hi-Res Logo", "Key-Chain Ring" + Combined with "Clip on the back of his Leather Case" / 3 in 1 Leather Case for Shanling UP2 (As previously posted) ...
Shopee_acc9c6d0d3c6632b25738bc3f877c8c3.jpg
Shopee_ee82a3993e72430da2f7f8231bb48b05.jpg

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #575 of 1,460
If you are person that only listens to music over streaming services, UP2 is simply better choice, as you will:

- Save 30 USD (almost 30%)
- Have access to more codecs (aptXLL can be crucial if you are big into videos, games and youtube)
- Have smaller and slimmer device (I know M0 is tiny, but UP2 is even better fitting into tight pockets)
- Have better and more stable signal (since UP2 is using more advanced Bluetooth solution)
- Have slightly better and more consistent battery life (as you are not dealing with other components and processes)
- Have full capabilities of BT headset for calls
- Have hassle free experience, since connecting UP2 is quicker and easier than with M0. And you are not dealing with any quirks in system.

Hi. Can i i send audio from my phone to up4 via Bluetooth and send audio from up4 to a Bluetooth headphone in same time? (Dont use cable at all)

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #576 of 1,460
Hi. Can i i send audio from my phone to up4 via Bluetooth and send audio from up4 to a Bluetooth headphone in same time? (Dont use cable at all)

You can not.

There is no such a Bluetooth adapter that receive BT signal then rebroadcast it out - it will be pointless to do so and it might actual degrade SQ (*skipping a lot of technical detail here) if someone actually design something that can do it.

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #577 of 1,460
You can not.

There is no such a Bluetooth adapter that receive BT signal then rebroadcast it out - it will be pointless to do so and it might actual degrade SQ (*skipping a lot of technical detail here) if someone actually design something that can do it.
When I read the OP's question, I wondered why anyone would need to do that... Imagine your headphones could render LDAC and your smartphone could do it as well. Why would someone put another Bluetooth stage between the two?

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #578 of 1,460
When I read the OP's question, I wondered why anyone would need to do that... Imagine your headphones could render LDAC and your smartphone could do it as well. Why would someone put another Bluetooth stage between the two?

That is actually the 2nd times I answered the (more or less) same question in last few months - apparently there is a misconception among some people that you can use a Bluetooth DAC/amp wirelessly in-between a BT source (*i.e. smartphone) and a BT headphone where the BT DAC/amp will somehow magically improve sound quality when it receives than re-broadcast the BT signal. This is a failure to understand that BT audio is not lossless transmission and so any attempt to 'receives than re-broadcast' will always result in some lost of SQ - as such, you want to always make sure you have the most direct transmission route, i.e. one-to-one from BT source to BT headphone. Hence why no manufacturer on its right mind will want to design a DAC/amp that 'receives than re-broadcast' BT audio since that only goal it will achieve is the degradation of SQ. The only exception is TWS (True Wireless Stereo) setup which many use exactly a 'receives than re-broadcast' method to connect both side of the headphone (*though note that TWS way of doing this is designed so it has less impact on SQ), and the reason why even the best TWS is still well behind from a normal BT headphone in term of SQ. The only reason for TWS setup is for convenience, with the cost of SQ.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #579 of 1,460
A quick comment on the Shanling UP4, compared to the Fiio BTR3 and Earsound ES100 using the Noble K10U:

Simply blows them away, in every aspect I'm afraid...
- Full sound, with more body,
- Better resolution and more detail, with instruments well separated. You can really listen details that you can't with the other 2.
- Powerful (I mean really powerful, can ''feed'' any monitor/headphone out there),
- maybe a tiny bit warmer,
- this fullness of sound seems that increases the lows, while vocals are fuller and highs beconig smoother/silkier but without losing detail.
- more organic, less ''digital'' listening than the other 2.
- honestly, it's like I'm having a new upgraded version of my iems.

In the next few days I'll receive the Fiio BTR5 and I'll post some extra comments.
I think I'll buy one more of these UP4.
Bravo (and thank you) @Shanling for such product.

Hi there, have you received your BTR5 ? Can you compare the UP4 and BTR5 in terms of sound ?

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #581 of 1,460
Got a refund from A & V store, and meanwhile, while frustrated for not having the up2, I decided to skip it for a while and bought a DAC and a raspberry pi. No more budget for up2 now
See you soon...

Dec 6, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #582 of 1,460
Hi there, have you received your BTR5 ? Can you compare the UP4 and BTR5 in terms of sound ?

Fiio BTR5 received. Against the UP4 : The UP4 sounds more bassy, more ''full''-sounding, while I think the BTR5 has more detailed-refined-clean sound... More to come soon.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #584 of 1,460
Using UP2 for two months and last week the front panel broke off :triportsad:, and got a cold shoulder from the seller. Any ideas to make this work.

Please send me in PM info on this seller.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 10, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #585 of 1,460
Just got the UP4 last week, love the battery life on this thing. Its the only DAC I've tried that'll make it through a 10 hour workday with me.

Do you have an estimated timeframe for when the app will be available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back