Shanling UP4 & UP2 - Bluetooth 5.0 DAC/AMP with ES9218P, balanced output, supporting LDAC, HWA LHDC, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX and AAC.
Nov 9, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #466 of 1,460
When I use it at my PC, battery is more full when I unplug it so that means....... It's charging and drawing power from PC

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #467 of 1,460
So long story short, the seller suggested that I ship UP2 back to him so he can "help me repair it".
I decided to pass on this offer - cost of two-way shipping ,plus possibly the cost of "repair" would be prohibitive, not to mention many weeks it would take.

That's one of the downsides of buying from Aliexpress - if you have a problem with the item, the sellers aren't as forthcoming as Amazon ones.
Both times I reported ES100 failures, Radsone just sent me a code to re-purchase one. Wish I didn't gift the second replacement away...

Now that ES100 and UP2 are out of the picture, I have no choice but to wait for FIIO BTR5. At 140$, it seems expensive, but if that's the price I have to pay to have to pay to have a TOTL device that will survive more than 2-3 months, then these are the breaks.

One bright spot - BTR3 is not only alive and kicking after more 14 months, but it shows surprising results with TOTL IEMs - AKG 3003, LZ-A6 etc.
Can't compare it now side-by-side with ES100 or UP2, but it sounds very close to Oppo HA-2 or SMSL IQ.
Only hyper-realistic Pro 82 exposes some weaknesses in BTR3, especially in the bass.

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #468 of 1,460
Just placed an order for UP4, taking advantage of Taobao 11.11 discount.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #469 of 1,460
So long story short, the seller suggested that I ship UP2 back to him so he can "help me repair it".
I decided to pass on this offer - cost of two-way shipping ,plus possibly the cost of "repair" would be prohibitive, not to mention many weeks it would take.

That's one of the downsides of buying from Aliexpress - if you have a problem with the item, the sellers aren't as forthcoming as Amazon ones.
Both times I reported ES100 failures, Radsone just sent me a code to re-purchase one. Wish I didn't gift the second replacement away...

Now that ES100 and UP2 are out of the picture, I have no choice but to wait for FIIO BTR5. At 140$, it seems expensive, but if that's the price I have to pay to have to pay to have a TOTL device that will survive more than 2-3 months, then these are the breaks.

One bright spot - BTR3 is not only alive and kicking after more 14 months, but it shows surprising results with TOTL IEMs - AKG 3003, LZ-A6 etc.
Can't compare it now side-by-side with ES100 or UP2, but it sounds very close to Oppo HA-2 or SMSL IQ.
Only hyper-realistic Pro 82 exposes some weaknesses in BTR3, especially in the bass.
My opinion is that I should make a review of how you are using these Bluetooth devices, because it cannot be a coincidence that they have broken 3 of 4, they are very well built devices. It's not like the problem with the smartphone note 7 that was massive. Look at how you store the devices, if you clean them carefully, if they are not near a magnet, etc.

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #471 of 1,460
@Shanling, a small question about the Shanling up2 Does the USB c port send the music data out? So, for example, put a dragonfly on it or connect to my TV?

Most definitely not. It is probably electronically impossible.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #472 of 1,460
@Shanling Hello, I just realized (after 5 months of use) if I do not have music playing and I want to turn down the volume by the time I start the music it does not stun me in my ears, the alert sound that you are not playing music always sounds when I turn down the volume and always at the same volume, then there is no way to know at what volume it drops. Actually the alert sound is still annoying, I do not understand the sense that it sounds when I want to turn down the volume and sound at the same time. I know that when I turn it off and then on again it is at the same volume but it is not quite useful if I change headphones, I use them at a different volume. It would not be better if when I turn down the volume say, volume 25, I keep going down volume 24 or just say the number

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #476 of 1,460
Placed an order for UP2 in the 11.11 sale from A & V Professional Store on Aliexpress. But now I'm having doubts whether I'll actually get the product as they seem to have removed UP2 from their store entirely.
Perhaps you got one of the last units. I've had nothing but positive experiences with anything on AliE

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #477 of 1,460
Placed an order for UP2 in the 11.11 sale from A & V Professional Store on Aliexpress. But now I'm having doubts whether I'll actually get the product as they seem to have removed UP2 from their store entirely.

I also placed an order on the same store for UP2, and it has been shipped the day after the 11.11. Did you check your order status, or contact the seller ? He should reply quite fast

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #478 of 1,460
I also placed an order on the same store for UP2, and it has been shipped the day after the 11.11. Did you check your order status, or contact the seller ? He should reply quite fast
Yes I've checked and it hasn't been shipped as of now. I messaged them yesterday, but no reply yet. I'll message them again incase they missed the first one.

Nov 15, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #479 of 1,460
Yes I've checked and it hasn't been shipped as of now. I messaged them yesterday, but no reply yet. I'll message them again incase they missed the first one.
I also bought one on the same day and it hasn't shipped yet. It was a little weird cause before 11.11 the item was temporarely out of stock, but then they had quite a few available to purchase on the day of the sale. I'll try sending them a message.

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #480 of 1,460
I also bought one on the same day and it hasn't shipped yet. It was a little weird cause before 11.11 the item was temporarely out of stock, but then they had quite a few available to purchase on the day of the sale. I'll try sending them a message.
I noticed that as well, but didn't pay it much attention because I never had any issues shopping on Ali. But the product removal was a red flag for me, so I searched on this forum. It turns out they did do something similar in the past where they would collect mass orders during sales and then order products in bulk from the manufactures. I saw on another forum, they provided fake tracking numbers in some cases. I just hope that's not the case here because receiving refunds in my country is a hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back