Shanling UP2 transmit functionality
May 7, 2020 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sono delirii

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if someone can provide a little clarification for UP2 functionality: am I safe to assume it can transmit over LDAC when in USB DAC mode?

The reason I ask is there is a number of products on the market in this class, all having USB DAC functionality, but they usually show wired headphones plugged in or nothing in marketing images, and I can't seem to find explicit writing about BT transmit functionality.

Based on a thread from last year, where their rep posted it seems yes. I am also curios how the pairing would work with something like the BT headphones or another product that does not have a screen to select from list of available devices (as you would with say a phone).

Thanks!

Post #381 of 876

Im gonna send back the UP2 and get a M0
But I doubt about some bluetooth stuff, could u explain it more, because I dont get some ideas seeing the info of the product.

1. Its works like a trnasmitter, in all formats (apt, ldac, aptx ll...) But when is a receiver, it only works on LDAC and SBC?
2.It can be pluged on the pc like UP2 and used likena soundcard?
3.Its got the same DAC like UP2, right?

Thanks!
As transmitter, it does SBC, AAC, aptX and LDAC.
As receiver it does SBC, AAC and LDAC. Difference being only the aptX.

Yes, it works with computers as USB DAC or as USB Bluetooth transmitter.

Yes, same ES9218p DAC/AMP chip.

May 9, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 2
I am 99% sure that if you connect it via usb to the notebook it cannot do the job of receiving or transmitting the music via bluetooth. If you connect it, its function is USB DAC, nothing more. I had it until a week ago because I sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back