Shanling Streamers - EM5 & NEW EA5 Plus
Feb 26, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #346 of 899
went back to ver 1.27. forget the wifi then connect again. i was able to use wireless projection. but after a day, my phone cant see the EM5 again. this is getting out of hand.
We have the same issue. Downgrade to v1.23 same thing, went back to 1.27 same problem. Worse thing is not only wireless projection failed it includes Shanling Music Keeps stopping and rebooting in cycles. I have to turn off and on the unit several times till it opens the app and able to play music. Yesterday another flaw came when i chose to open all songs its empty and no songs found but when I choose folder it shows the files per folder. It didn’t happen before so I restarted the unit same nothing. I did factory setting restore again. After i did it it shows the songs again but again a couple of restarts as it shows Shanling Music Keeps Stopping everytime i start up the unit.

Another thing, If I Use streaming services like Spotify or tidal evertime i exit the service and wanted to go back to playing local files the unit froze for a while and guess what, the message Shanling Music Keeps Stopping message appears again and reboot cycle will happen Again. So i have to turn off and on the unit again several times until it opens the application or else factory reset again. It’s frustrating really.

I’ll be waiting for an update (i hope there will be) before I give up on this.

Things I’ve tried to sort out the issue:
Reflash v1.23 - issue not resolved
Went back to v1.27 same problem
Try Changing several micro sd cards: (brand new)
Sandisk 128gb
Sandisk 256gb
Samsung 128gb
Same issue. Problems ot resolved.

For wireless projection; phone/tablet used:
Samsung s8
Iphone 12
Ipad
All have failed to connect. It’s a hit and miss. sometimes it will allow me to connect but after less than a minute or two, it disconnects. Most of the time it won’t.

Note: the unit is near my wifi router and i have a fast internet connection in every rooms in the house.

Reasons why i kept it till now; I want to get familiar with Shanling house sound (this is mu first Shanling unit) if this allows me to play music tho. I like the mids of this unit. Im still reviewing and evaluating the unit. I like the design and connection options.

I’m still figuring out if the unit/hardware is at fault ( maybe i got a lemon unit ) or a software problem. Till there’s a new fw update (hope soon) will come then I’ll know.

Since i write reviews and recommendations for local dealers in the city and local hifi/headfi community, I have to wait a little bit, give it a chance just maybe there’s a stable firmware update coming. If it does then this unit have a good recommendation.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #347 of 899
We have the same issue. Downgrade to v1.23 same thing, went back to 1.27 same problem. Worse thing is not only wireless projection failed it includes Shanling Music Keeps stopping and rebooting in cycles. I have to turn off and on the unit several times till it opens the app and able to play music. Yesterday another flaw came when i chose to open all songs its empty and no songs found but when I choose folder it shows the files per folder. It didn’t happen before so I restarted the unit same nothing. I did factory setting restore again. After i did it it shows the songs again but again a couple of restarts as it shows Shanling Music Keeps Stopping everytime i start up the unit.

Another thing, If I Use streaming services like Spotify or tidal evertime i exit the service and wanted to go back to playing local files the unit froze for a while and guess what, the message Shanling Music Keeps Stopping message appears again and reboot cycle will happen Again. So i have to turn off and on the unit again several times until it opens the application or else factory reset again. It’s frustrating really.

Sandisk 128gb
Sandisk 256gb
Samsung 128gb

Samsung s8
Iphone 12
Ipad
All have failed to connect. It’s a hit and miss. sometimes it will allow me to connect but after less than a minute or two, it disconnects. Most of the time it won’t.

Note: the unit is near my wifi router and i have a fast internet connection in every rooms in the house.

Reasons why i kept it till now; I want to get familiar with Shanling house sound (this is mu first Shanling unit) if this allows me to play music tho. I like the mids of this unit. Im still reviewing and evaluating the unit. I like the design and connection options.

I’m still figuring out if the unit/hardware is at fault ( maybe i got a lemon unit ) or a software problem. Till there’s a new fw update (hope soon) will come then I’ll know.

Since i write reviews and recommendations for local dealers in the city and local hifi/headfi community, I have to wait a little bit, give it a chance just maybe there’s a stable firmware update coming. If it does then this unit have a good recommendation.
HEAR US @Shanling ❗❗❗❗

Feb 28, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #348 of 899

Sandisk 128gb
Sandisk 256gb
Samsung 128gb

Samsung s8
Iphone 12
Ipad

Software team now has one unit showing these crashing issues back in office for testing, we hope they will be able to release firmware fix soon.

HEAR US @Shanling ❗❗❗❗

Unfortunately our software team do not have any further advice for the Wireless connection issue right now. Just recommended to try Android 11 for now or keep turning On/Off Wireless projection in the device, until it shows up.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 4, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #349 of 899
Software team now has one unit showing these crashing issues back in office for testing, we hope they will be able to release firmware fix soon.

Unfortunately our software team do not have any further advice for the Wireless connection issue right now. Just recommended to try Android 11 for now or keep turning On/Off Wireless projection in the device, until it shows up.
ANY NEWS ON A NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE @Shanling ❓❓❓

Mar 5, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #350 of 899
Google this version.I have a Samsung S21 running.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220305-134225_Eddict Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220305-134225_Eddict Player.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 5, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #351 of 899
Mine is still running pretty stable with my last update to V1.21. I stopped at V1.21 since I do not really need the fixes beyond V1.21.
Wireless projection works most of the time on my Android and IOS devices.

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #352 of 899
The problem is not in the version of the program, the problem is in the android version.This program does not support the latest version of android and in general I am tired of Shanling bugs.Maybe I will sell my EM5.

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #353 of 899
The problem is not in the version of the program, the problem is in the android version.This program does not support the latest version of android and in general I am tired of Shanling bugs.Maybe I will sell my EM5.

Sounds like this player will be obsolete once you upgrade to a newer version of Android 🤔

Mar 6, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #354 of 899
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 10, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #355 of 899
Hi all,

Just owned the em5 and new to the desktop streamer/dac/amp world...😂

Some questions to seek your advice, thanks.

- which should be the best connection to the active speaker to enjoy the MQA decode function of em5? Should it be optical out? Currently i don't have other DAC

- the 1.27 firmware seems unstable and the in born shanling app keep restarting even through i usually run the apple music and tidal only. Should I flash back to the previous stable firmware version?

- Any possible way to install the UAPP app?

- Eddict app remote control on android 11 only successful when i stay in the wireless projection screen on em5 and start connect in mobile app. The reaction time is a bit delay like computer remoteaccess, but accessible. In case is it possible to turn off the screen on em5? It seems not possible.

Thx everyone for long dummy questions...😅

Mar 11, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #356 of 899
which should be the best connection to the active speaker to enjoy the MQA decode function of em5? Should it be optical out? Currently i don't have other DAC
From my limited testing, it seems that the digital outputs do not support MQA. I tested using the optical out to connect the EM5 to my Fiio K9 Pro and tried playing a local MQA file (I didn't try Tidal). The K9 did not receive any signal. Non-MQA files worked fine.

If you're connecting the EM5 directly to powered speakers, I'd use XLR or RCA, depending on what your speakers support.

Unfortunately I don't have any answers to your other questions.

Mar 12, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #357 of 899
Mar 12, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #358 of 899
Our Shanling EM5 review is up! Great value unit, would have loved to have seen a Google Home/Chromecast feature in there but the sound is excellent, even with IEMs.

https://headfonics.com/shanling-em5-review/

Nice review! I can relate to a lot of oppinions you shared.

This is really an incredible unit especially for its price point, but the software is really holding its full potential back.

I would love to see Shanling providing a community edition of the software that could be further developed by the community to improve stability and add new features. I would love to participate. I was already trying to decompile the code :smile: Still I love the EM5.

Mar 13, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #359 of 899
@Shanling , just fired my EM5, that's been working beautifully, and I'm not getting any output via either of the balanced outputs. Is there a mute function on the player? Anyone else had this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back