Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Jun 8, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #3,916 of 5,808
Nastiness? To who and how was I nasty?
When you use the word DUH in a sentence directed at someone, that's usually a sign of nastiness. Just do me a favor and watch your mouth.

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #3,919 of 5,808
It wasn’t even directed at you so do me a favour eh!
I'm sorry, I apologize. I misunderstood.

I love making a fool out of myself first thing in the morning.

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #3,921 of 5,808
It is a classic case of "I knew what I meant when I wrote it".. I have fallen prey to that one myself, a number of times. Even though I feel like i try to be mindful of others, and not say anything intentionally insulting, rude or mean, (I am a firm proponent of the type it -- scream and swear -- then delete before sending method), without tone of voice, facial expression, and body language to supply additional semantic context, we can be misunderstood, sometimes in ways we could not ourselves even noticed without having someone else show the post to us through their vs our eyse...

What's super-cool about Head-Fi folks in general, is how quick these things get sorted out, without any grudges being held.

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #3,922 of 5,808
firmware update 1.3 just appeared for download on the M8 and lists improved MQA playback. Does this refer to it's ability to unfold the files? I'm also wondering if the improvement is measurably audible.
MQA support was added in V1.22. V1.3 had just some improvements for its working.
Interesting! OTA update not showing for me.
for me neither, maybe on Shanling homepage for local update?
@Shanling any information regarding this new firmware when it's ready for local or network installation?
Firmware V1.3 was released at end of April. There is no new firmware for M7.
Yes precisely that - I even downloaded and installed the FW without even noticing the release date that was clearly visible next to the download link.
The date is wrong, it's meaningless.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 8, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #3,923 of 5,808
HD650 with single ended pairing with M8 can provide impressive sound. Recommended. ❤️⭐❤️⭐

Waiting for diy balanced cable to connect with 4.4mm in the future. 😂

Attachments

• 20210609_094322.jpg
    20210609_094322.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #3,924 of 5,808
I've tried to nitpick the sound of M8 just for the sake of nitpicking. To my taste:
1 I wish for a faster bass speed (I still think N8 and Dx220Max have a faster bass), but maybe I ask to much here because the bass speed is already very good compared to almost all other daps in the market.
2 Another point is I need more subbass and less midbass body, but actually if it happens it may change any other aspects of sound, which I dont want it to happens.
3 The last point is the soundstage, someone here say the DX300 has wider soundstage and sound more holographic, but to me, the different is not much between DX300 and M8. The real leap is when you talk about sp2000 and more so Dx220 max, which is on different level.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #3,925 of 5,808
I've tried to nitpick the sound of M8 just for the sake of nitpicking. To my taste:
1 I wish for a faster bass speed (I still think N8 and Dx220Max have a faster bass), but maybe I ask to much here because the bass speed is already very good compared to almost all other daps in the market.
2 Another point is I need more subbass and less midbass body, but actually if it happens it may change any other aspects of sound, which I dont want it to happens.
3 The last point is the soundstage, someone here say the DX300 has wider soundstage and sound more holographic, but to me, the different is not much between DX300 and M8. The real leap is when you talk about sp2000 and more so Dx220 max, which is on different level.
What about the M8s musicality?

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #3,928 of 5,808
Jun 9, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #3,929 of 5,808
feels like listening to hd600. m8 with zen black 2.0
very smooth mids

m8 in 300 hrs is astonishing
VE Zen 2.0 Black Editon new released recently from VE. (I noticed the cable.)

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #3,930 of 5,808
Too bad...try to resolve this and stick with M8...the sound is worth it... what were you thinking of getting to replace the M8?

I'm wondering if there's not something wrong with the socket you plug the headphone jack into? That's one way you could get a “shrieking sound.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back