Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Oct 16, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #151 of 5,808
I haven't figured out how to enable MQA yet. No MQA display appears in the Tidal app. Maybe @Shanling can enlighten us about this? Yes Shanling always has a rather soft sound, which is what I prefer.
After first 5h of listening, i am really happy with the M8. I have to listen for longer period to give you impressions of the sound. But i can tell you there is more detail than at the M6 pro.
It's a very big and heavy player, but battery life is great!
can take a picture of it and it is desirable that there is m6pro nearby for comparison.

Oct 17, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #152 of 5,808
can take a picture of it and it is desirable that there is m6pro nearby for comparison.

Here a few pictures from the M6 Pro and the M8.

The M8 is much more bulky than the M6 Pro. But the M8 have the better screen (easier to use, better touch reaction, bigger screen, bigger resolution), more premium feel and it's faster at startup. At the startup is a new stunning nice shanling animation.
The M8 have much more details in the sound, but i love the very warm sounding dual DAC Mode at the M6 Pro. This Dual DAC Mode is missing at the M8.
@Shanling please bring the dual DAC Mode to the M8. 🙏🙏🙏

It's a very big sized Sound masterpiece and for sure Shanling's next level in making DAC's. 👌

Nice Job Shanling! 👏👏👏

Attachments

• DSC_1678.JPG
    DSC_1678.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_1679.JPG
    DSC_1679.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_1680.JPG
    DSC_1680.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_1681.JPG
    DSC_1681.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20201017_101908.JPG
    20201017_101908.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Oct 17, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #155 of 5,808
I was listening now on tidal Master Quality tracks.
The resolution, the plasticity and the naturalness are just crazy.
Voices seem incredibly lively and so rich in detail. Even the smallest detail is presented with an ease that I've never heard before. I'm listening with the ME700 31th anniversary edition from Shanling.
So nice to have this dream of sound in my pocket 🥰

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #157 of 5,808
I was listening now on tidal Master Quality tracks.
The resolution, the plasticity and the naturalness are just crazy.
Voices seem incredibly lively and so rich in detail. Even the smallest detail is presented with an ease that I've never heard before. I'm listening with the ME700 31th anniversary edition from Shanling.
So nice to have this dream of sound in my pocket 🥰

is it an huge M6 pro upgrade?

Oct 18, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #161 of 5,808
@Redmasta, Hmm ... Can you do something more about the signature M8?
That we all know it is wonderful ...
In the Case of using Shanling ME700 31th edition headphones:
The M6 pro have this LP like very warm sound which i love really much. The M8 is a little bit less warm in the sounding but there is more precision, detail and even more natural sound.
For normal quality music i would take the M6 Pro. For highend sounding music, Voices and instrumental i would go with the M8 every day.
It's very hard to choose a winner, because both are really nice decives in different way.

Oct 18, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #163 of 5,808
The M8 is much more bulky than the M6 Pro. But the M8 have the better screen (easier to use, better touch reaction, bigger screen, bigger resolution), more premium feel and it's faster at startup. At the startup is a new stunning nice shanling animation.
The M8 have much more details in the sound, but i love the very warm sounding dual DAC Mode at the M6 Pro. This Dual DAC Mode is missing at the M8.
@Shanling please bring the dual DAC Mode to the M8. 🙏🙏🙏

It's a very big sized Sound masterpiece and for sure Shanling's next level in making DAC's. 👌

Nice Job Shanling! 👏👏👏

On M8 both DACs are used at default in single-ended.

@Shanling will you release one case like the Shanling C3 gor the M8?
I was trying to put the M8 in the C3 Case, but it's too big for the case.

Anyone here who knows a nice case/bag for M8 and ME700?

M8 can be sort of squeezed into C3, but it's not optimal. Right now we do not plan direct replacement.

In China we offer new big case alongside M8, but that's more comparable to big Van Nuys cases, so ideally if you carry around collection of few players and earphones, not that suitable for a daily player+earphone use.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 19, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #164 of 5,808
On M8 both DACs are used at default in single-ended.

M8 can be sort of squeezed into C3, but it's not optimal. Right now we do not plan direct replacement.

In China we offer new big case alongside M8, but that's more comparable to big Van Nuys cases, so ideally if you carry around collection of few players and earphones, not that suitable for a daily player+earphone use.
Will the new big case be available outside of China?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back