Shanling M6 Ultra - 4x AKM AK4493S DAC, Snapdragon 665, Android 10 DAP
Nov 2, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #841 of 873
The good news is, M6 Ultra Firmware V1.35 plays music with Roon App and Roon ARC.
With the Roon App in my home network, the AAudio output is used. The correct sample rate is used, but everything is down-converted to 16 bit.
The Roon ARC app uses the h2w output, which is limited to the sample rate of 48 KHz, so everything ist converted to 48 KHz.
Apple Music plays Hi-Res Lossless with 192 KHz and 24 bit. Qobuz and presto music work also fine.

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #843 of 873
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #844 of 873
Nov 23, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #845 of 873
Does anyone have experience with the M6 Ultra, M8, and Fiio M15s? I currently own the original M6 Pro and M8. I'm considering switching things up, but would like to hear people's thoughts before making any decisions.
I love my M6 Pro / AKM, and will likely hang onto it until it decides it's done working. I take it to the gym with me. Shanling tuning with AKM on board has been my flavor of choice, but after reading and watching reviews of the Fiio M15s, I find myself very intrigued. I'd like to know how it compares and contrasts with the M8.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #846 of 873
Does anyone have experience with the M6 Ultra, M8, and Fiio M15s? I currently own the original M6 Pro and M8. I'm considering switching things up, but would like to hear people's thoughts before making any decisions.
I love my M6 Pro / AKM, and will likely hang onto it until it decides it's done working. I take it to the gym with me. Shanling tuning with AKM on board has been my flavor of choice, but after reading and watching reviews of the Fiio M15s, I find myself very intrigued. I'd like to know how it compares and contrasts with the M8.
I have the M6U currently for sale after buying the M8.

Big difference is the M6U is quite mids forward and the M8 is smoother with better micro details and bass is tighter and faster on the m8 as well as I heard it.

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #847 of 873
Looking for some help guys. I currently own the M6 Pro original, and it will be with me until one of us dies. It's turned into my gym dap. I also own the M8, and actually prefer the M6 Pro. Just my subjective tastes. I suppose I don't like the M8 for most of the reasons that many do like it. I primarily listen to rock and metal, and the M8 is a little to honest, a little to black and distortion free, and it doesn't have the same forward energy as the M6 Pro. Yes, it's smooth with better detailing and resolution, no doubt.
I'd like to know where the M6 Ultra sits between the two. I'm assuming that it would be considered an upgrade from the M6 Pro. I'll take the better details and resolution, so that it's still a little more colorful and playful than the M6 Pro. Any comparisons and contrasts would be most appreciated. I've decu that I'm going to sell the M8. The M6 Ultra and the Fiio M15s are the only two I'm looking at atm.

Dec 22, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #850 of 873
For sure it is an improvement, even the sound profile is almost the same, the sound on M6 ultra is more refined, details are better defined.
The only thing I regret since I have it, is that I haven't got the green version

Do you have, or have you considered, the green case? It's pretty slick with the black player. :sunglasses:

IMG_6589.jpeg

Jan 11, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #851 of 873
Anyone having issues with their player not outputting sound randomly at times after the latest update? Seems to happen the most when attempting to play music after the player has been left idle for a while. So far the only fix I've found is to restart the player

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #854 of 873
Anyone having issues with their player not outputting sound randomly at times after the latest update? Seems to happen the most when attempting to play music after the player has been left idle for a while. So far the only fix I've found is to restart the player
only when the dsd format is playing can the sound disappear at all and only noise and crackling can be heard in the headphones

Jan 14, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #855 of 873
Odd. Hopefully not a hardware issue surfacing :frowning2:
You can try factory reset and test the apps one by one. Sometimes it can be a clash with some 3rd party app.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back