Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #1,051 of 1,112
Twin, can you post a pic of the M5 and Aune B1 together? Size comparison?
Sure Jon:

Magnetic Strips 005.JPG

Here is how I devised a way to hold all my Player/Amp combos together, Magnetic Tape:
Magnetic Strips 002.JPG

TWIN

Jul 10, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #1,053 of 1,112
Jon, Be aware that the B1 runs in Class A, so at like 24 ohms even in High Gain it is only putting out 30mW of power but with almost no distortion-very similar specs to the Mojos. If you need POWER I would recommend the FIIO E12. Although it doesn't have the THD specs, it DOES have 800mW of power output. It's substantial. It can drive iems to dangerous sound levels. It's roughly the Same size as the B1.

TWIN

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #1,054 of 1,112
Is there anyone have windows 8.1 dac problem? I can't run dac feature without disabled ''Driving signage enforcement''. When i disabled this, it works without problem. What is the reason of this? Is driver not compatible to windows 8.1 fully?

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #1,058 of 1,112
There does not seem to be a website for Shanling. I am a Mac user, can I use iTune to transfer music from my computer to the M5 or is there a specific program I have to use?

All you need to do is to copy files to an SD card and insert it into the M5.
Possibly that's also recognised when inside the M5 and when you plug a USB cable. Never tried on Mac...
Website is here btw. http://www.shanling.com

Aug 13, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #1,060 of 1,112
Hi
I cannot decide which to pick. This will be my first DAP. M5 or Cayin I5 or Fiio X5iii. From what i gather Fiio X5 and I5 have similar sound signature and performance.

I read that fiio tend to be plagued with issues. Does that mean between i5 and M5? Overhere the price difference between the two will get me a 200gb card, i5 has higher price. I know i am the only one who can determine that additional price but really would like to reach out to u here.

Any idea when shanling droid will be out?

Your thought please.

I use Grado 80 and AT900 open back. Listening to acoustiscs guitar slow rock and Jazz.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,063 of 1,112
Hi
I cannot decide which to pick. This will be my first DAP. M5 or Cayin I5 or Fiio X5iii. From what i gather Fiio X5 and I5 have similar sound signature and performance.

I read that fiio tend to be plagued with issues. Does that mean between i5 and M5? Overhere the price difference between the two will get me a 200gb card, i5 has higher price. I know i am the only one who can determine that additional price but really would like to reach out to u here.

Any idea when shanling droid will be out?

Your thought please.

I use Grado 80 and AT900 open back. Listening to acoustiscs guitar slow rock and Jazz.

Thanks.

Having heard all three, I own the x5iii and M5. I have not had any issues whatsoever with the x5iii. That said, my go to is the M5. I really, really like the Shanling warmish sound.

Your decision seems to be whether you want all the bells and whistles such as streaming capability and surfing to go along with it. For streaming the x5iii is far better than the i5. If you want pure sound, to me the Shanling wins hands down. Best of luck!

Aug 25, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #1,064 of 1,112
Hi, does anyone still have problem with M5 crashing when using auto-standby function ?

Everything is OK for my M5 except this: if I do turn it off manually, everything is fine. But every time it does turn off by itself due to the auto-standby feature the M5 ends in an unresponsive state with black screen. I must then push power button for 15 seconds, wait 5 seconds, then press power button again for 15 seconds to bring it back to life.

I have tried to factory reset it, and also to re-flash firmware with no success.

If I remember well this problem appeared with 2.0 firmware revision, and is still present with 2.1 firmware : anyone experiencing same issue?

Aug 25, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #1,065 of 1,112
Hi, does anyone still have problem with M5 crashing when using auto-standby function ?

Everything is OK for my M5 except this: if I do turn it off manually, everything is fine. But every time it does turn off by itself due to the auto-standby feature the M5 ends in an unresponsive state with black screen. I must then push power button for 15 seconds, wait 5 seconds, then press power button again for 15 seconds to bring it back to life.

I have tried to factory reset it, and also to re-flash firmware with no success.

If I remember well this problem appeared with 2.0 firmware revision, and is still present with 2.1 firmware : anyone experiencing same issue?

I still use fw 2.0 but never have any problem such that.. note: I never let it read my card library, because I prefer to browse by folder, if this makes any difference..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back