Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Sep 3, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #77 of 2,219
I'm very excited with this new M3s, very good specs and price! However, I fail to see the resemblance to original M3, AKM DAC chip not Cirrus and M2s exterior design, anyway, I'm buying one the day they hit penon audio.

Sep 3, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #78 of 2,219
I'm very excited with this new M3s, very good specs and price! However, I fail to see the resemblance to original M3, AKM DAC chip not Cirrus and M2s exterior design, anyway, I'm buying one the day they hit penon audio.

Kinda agree on the Cirrus part, but not the design part. This is Shanling's current-generation design language. Let's wait and see how the sound is. I'm betting it's as good as the original M5...

Sep 3, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #80 of 2,219
@Shanling the M3s looks very promising. The M2s is fantastic, so any improvement would be awesome. I've become such a big fan of Shanling, I almost feel like getting the M3s as well just to use as a transport for my IDSD BL :-D

I'm hoping you mean that you'll use M2s as a transport for the iDSD and reserve the M3s for standalone use, bro

Sep 3, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #81 of 2,219
I'm hoping you mean that you'll use M2s as a transport for the iDSD and reserve the M3s for standalone use, bro

Nope, I mean't using the M3s as a transport. Purely because I think it's size would line up well with the iDSD :-D

Nah, that obviously wouldn't do the M3s any justice

Sep 3, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #83 of 2,219
Unless it's iDSD BL nano, I have a feeling the iDSD will dwarf the M3s, lol

Haha, oh no I know it won't be anywhere near the same dimensions, but I reckon the M3s would look less out of place on the iDSD than the M2s.

That's something I really love about the M2s. Sits so well on the Fiio A3, and both of them fit perfectly in FiiO's HB1 case

Sep 3, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #84 of 2,219
Haha, oh no I know it won't be anywhere near the same dimensions, but I reckon the M3s would look less out of place on the iDSD than the M2s.

That's something I really love about the M2s. Sits so well on the Fiio A3, and both of them fit perfectly in FiiO's HB1 case

Nah, it'll look cute like M1 + Mojo

IMG_20170722_083343-01.jpeg

You gotta try one of these, too

IMG_20170803_225944-01.jpeg

Sep 3, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #85 of 2,219
Nah, it'll look cute like M1 + Mojo

You gotta try one of these, too

I'm actually strongly contemplating getting the Walnut F1... I kinda like the idea of being able to tinker with an amp.. And it's reasonably priced

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #86 of 2,219
While I'm thoroughly satisfied with the sound quality of Fiio's X3 III, I'm still considering this to add to my little DAP collection.

Sadly with this hobby, spending more is inevitable. :ksc75smile:

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #87 of 2,219
I'm actually strongly contemplating getting the Walnut F1... I kinda like the idea of being able to tinker with an amp.. And it's reasonably priced

Veering off topic now, lol...

I've tried a couple of these cheap screenless DAPs (Walnut & Zishan) and haven't been too impressed. P1 kills them and punches way above it's price point. I just can't say the same thing about Walnut & Zishan. I seem to be in the minority about that, though...

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #88 of 2,219
Veering off topic now, lol...

I've tried a couple of these cheap screenless DAPs (Walnut & Zishan) and haven't been too impressed. P1 kills them and punches way above it's price point. I just can't say the same thing about Walnut & Zishan. I seem to be in the minority about that, though...

Lol, yeah we are getting a bit off track now. Anyways, the F1 is just an amp (has a balanced output too). I wouldn't bother with those screenless DAPs. Just the idea of a screenless DAP is already starting to frustrate me :p

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #89 of 2,219
Lol, yeah we are getting a bit off track now. Anyways, the F1 is just an amp (has a balanced output too). I wouldn't bother with those screenless DAPs. Just the idea of a screenless DAP is already starting to frustrate me :p

Oh yeah, I know F1 is just an amp. I was just pointing out that I haven't been blown away by similar products from Walnut & Zishan.

Rounding back to M3s, I'm really curious to hear how the dual 4490EN implementation sounds vs the single 4490EQ find in the M2s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back