Shanling M2 DAP
Apr 27, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #661 of 1,348
Listening to M2 as an outboard dac as I type this playing files on my Mac Pro with my T-Peos H300 in ears and it is very impressive! I don't feels as though I am missing any of the available sound spectrum and it is fantastic with female vocals and acoustic guitars. Cheers.
jealousy, waiting mine

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #662 of 1,348
Without an amp, the soundstage is narrower. Bass is there but there seems to be some major emphasis on the upper mids.

golov17 you. Also get different results using an amp. Soundstage changes for sure, so does the presence of the lower end. Yes, I'm using this with the Zen 2.0

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #667 of 1,348
Using Aune B1 amp into Zen 2. Nicely powered. Amp totally takes over soundstage, quite wide actually. I don't think M2 is known for the sub bass, though vocals and mids are highlighted with this DAP. Clarity for days.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #670 of 1,348
Finally broke down and ordered one.

Awesome!! I suspect you'll come to really love and appreciate the analog sound of it.. I know you were on the tour of the review unit. So I am pretty sure you already know all about it. However, you may or may not like the new 2.0 firmware.. The sound is fantastic as always, but it's more controlling of the sound scape. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get it. I reverted back to 1.1.. In my opinion, it was the best firmware release.

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #674 of 1,348
Awesome!! I suspect you'll come to really love and appreciate the analog sound of it.. I know you were on the tour of the review unit. So I am pretty sure you already know all about it. However, you may or may not like the new 2.0 firmware.. The sound is fantastic as always, but it's more controlling of the sound scape. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get it. I reverted back to 1.1.. In my opinion, it was the best firmware release.

Hi, well after having the Hidizs AP100 for a couple weeks I decided to now get the M2 a little ahead of my planned schedule. It's just too fine looking a player to resist and I keep hearing so many good things about it. This is probably the third time I ordered it so I can't promise I'll cancel it but I did put the AP100 up for sale. Now the long wait to get the M2. Where did you order yours from?

Apr 30, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #675 of 1,348
Just got my M2 (blame you guys since I was reading this thread while drinking and next thing I know amazon is e-mailing me an order confirmation) and its not playing nice with my 64ears u10s... Constant hiss regardless of volume even on low gain.

So I'm on the fence of returning or selling it but before I do I wanted to see what items y'all were using with it?

The sound is pretty flat and neutral which I like and aside from the hiss I did find the signature to complement my other dap (L&P L3 which sounds more powerful and deeper but isn't as neutral).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back