Shanling M0 vs BTR3
Apr 7, 2019 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

IesaAR

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

My friend was recently looking into these two proudcts above (purely to make his headphones bluetooth) and was wondering which one would sound better and if there is noticable degredation in quality over using it wired (straight from his phone). He has an android and will be using over LDAC, what should sound better? Or perhaps better is too vague which is more natural and musical sounding (not excessively altered sound to how it was made to sound.)
Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 8
Hey guys,

My friend was recently looking into these two proudcts above (purely to make his headphones bluetooth) and was wondering which one would sound better and if there is noticable degredation in quality over using it wired (straight from his phone). He has an android and will be using over LDAC, what should sound better? Or perhaps better is too vague, if they're similar, which is more natural and musical sounding and which is more neutral and analytical? Thanks a lot! :)
What is natural?

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 8
Essentially, nothing is too artificial sounding. Frequencies can be boosted but not to such an extent that they lose what they are, so highs aren't piercing and bass isn't boomy. Generally smooth sounding.
What is artificial sounding? Can you explain artificial versus real ?

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 8
What is artificial sounding? Can you explain artificial versus real ?
The typical sound of Chinese IEMs, vastly exaggerated V shape sound signature. So potentially thin and sibilant treble and unrealistic bass (excessive sub bass that sounds woolly or uncontrolled.) I'm just looking for a sound that isn't unrealistically altered to how it should sound.

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 8
Well that was not a explanation. Just a difference in frequency in Chinese made IEMS.

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 8
“ I'm just looking for a sound that isn't unrealistically altered to how it should sound.” The big question is how it should sound ? There is no right answer to that . That is the problem.

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 8
“ I'm just looking for a sound that isn't unrealistically altered to how it should sound.” The big question is how it should sound ? There is no right answer to that . That is the problem.
Buke I see you have Grado RS1s, I'd like the sound to be like those, not wildly altered. Forgive me if my original post lacked detail, but I have a pair of Grado SR60Es and I love their sound. Particularly how they're not too bright and piercing and have a smooth midrange, that's why I want the sound of the in built DAC to not "corrupt" the original sound of my music, to compliment my tastes and headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back