Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 25, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #2,181 of 6,418
What bug is that? I was not aware of a bug affecting sort order.

Based on the information provided ('just copied from the cd to M0') we have almost no idea about his files.
The files from the cd copy in aiff format. This is my first dap so I thought that I could just copy across. I have been informed that I need an app called Mp3tag to sort it out so I will try that. Thanks again for the help.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #2,182 of 6,418
The files from the cd copy in aiff format. This is my first dap so I thought that I could just copy across. I have been informed that I need an app called Mp3tag to sort it out so I will try that. Thanks again for the help.

Perhaps you should google for a guide how to rip cd's to FLAC format. AIFF is not very efficient and many guides use tools that will help you with the tagging.

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #2,184 of 6,418
Jul 25, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #2,186 of 6,418
What bug is that? I was not aware of a bug affecting sort order.

Based on the information provided ('just copied from the cd to M0') we have almost no idea about his files.

I have various albums that say files 2 &3 are swapped and 5 & 6 etc. Not all but a random bunch.
This is in "My music" selection only not in "folder" view.

I've sent Shanling some suspect files to help out the sorting.

I did not realise at first until listening to certain albums.

Looking at the same album but in my music and folder view shows a different order.

All other DAPs and Phone play these albums fine and in order.

Anyway it looks like Greatwhite58 just need to add numbers to his files as he has problems in Folder view.

Jul 25, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #2,187 of 6,418
If you use folder view, you need your files to be numbered (each file name should be prefixed by his track number).
If you use the library, you need all your files to be correctly "tagged", and to do so, you need a software.
Make some researches on ID3tag, cd rip, etc ...

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #2,190 of 6,418
Got the nw a45 today and it pretty much sounds like the a35. The M0 has more clarity and better separation of instruments and more power. Better detail and resolution bla bla bla. :)

The a45 is warmer and sounds like it’s slightly veiled compared to the M0. I greatly prefer the sound of the M0 myself although the Sony is a nice little unit, and sounds great and has great battery life because of the class D amp. But it’s just outclassed by the M0 sonically. Flac, DSD and high bitrate mp3 tested. Music - Steely dan aja, Fleetwood Mac rumours hd, DSOTM DSD, PF the division bell hd, Yes 90125 DSD, Spock’s beard, Rush, Sphogle, Ozric tentacles, bluetech, Radiohead OK computer DSD, Jeff beck, hydria spacefolk, Eric Johnson, the aritstocats, Jeff kashiwa, the orb, porcupine tree, beck sea change, Alan Parsons.

Of course I got spoiled by the Sony ZX300’s balanced out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back