Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jan 13, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #4,383 of 6,413
No, I don't see that problem on my M0 (running fw 2.3 VTX).

On my M0, when using different Themes, it's obvious that the descenders are being chopped off, for letters dropping below the baseline - with track titles that are long enough that they have to scroll. The letters are fully visible for short track titles, or when long titles are first viewed (before they begin scrolling).

Jan 13, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #4,384 of 6,413
The one thing I was thinking was battery live on mp3 vs flac. So before I spend two days A / B testing anyone can ballpark playback time on a 320 MP3 vs a 24 bit Flac driving Koss Porta Pros (which seem to be low powered)?

Mp3 is one of the formats most friendly to battery life, FLAC 16/44 drains little bit more, but nothing drastic. Only when you jump to Hi-res like 24/192 and DSD you will see the difference.

Now there's a thought. What a great idea. Can use Bluetooth from the phone to control the shanling and keep SQ high by playing from source on the shanling via the sabre DAC. @Shanling - get on this immediately :)

It would be a game changer for folks with low quality phone output and/or no expandable storage on their phones.

Working on it :wink:

Hello.

Can I export the songs that I have marked as favorites?.

Thanks.

Not supported by the system.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 14, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #4,386 of 6,413
The only thing that drained the battery that quickly was leaving bluetooth turned on. It could also be the battery indicator, I find for me it is even more inaccurate with firmware 2.3.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #4,387 of 6,413
My Shanling M0 drains its battery over night even when turned off. Haven't had it for a week yet. I'll have it at like 70% battery, turn it off. Go to bed. Go to play it in the morning and not even make it through one song. How can I fix this?
That sounds like you are not turning it off.

You have to long-press the volume wheel to turn it off. You will then see the 'Life is short. Play more.' screen before it goes off.

If you short-press then you are only turning off the display. If Idle Auto Standby is enabled then the M0 will go into Stand By mode but this will deplete the battery.

You might like to grab the Advanced User Manual (first page, post #3).

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #4,388 of 6,413
That sounds like you are not turning it off.

You have to long-press the volume wheel to turn it off. You will then see the 'Life is short. Play more.' screen before it goes off.

If you short-press then you are only turning off the display. If Idle Auto Standby is enabled then the M0 will go into Stand By mode but this will deplete the battery.

You might like to grab the Advanced User Manual (first page, post #3).

Even if he isn't turning it off with it should not drain that much in one night. I have at times not shut mine off by mystake and in standby overnight it drains very little. I mean the battery is suppose to last several days in standby mode.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #4,390 of 6,413
Even if he isn't turning it off with it should not drain that much in one night. I have at times not shut mine off by mystake and in standby overnight it drains very little. I mean the battery is suppose to last several days in standby mode.
OK, so could it be damp? Very humid environment might cause significant leakage. I don't know.

Otherwise I guess it's faulty and should be sent back for a replacement.

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #4,391 of 6,413
Late to the game but very impressed with the little mo as previously stated , phone app control would make this a killer and also a great little transport for the mojo... honestly good job shanling.
IMG_20190114_134116.jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #4,392 of 6,413
My Shanling M0 drains its battery over night even when turned off. Haven't had it for a week yet. I'll have it at like 70% battery, turn it off. Go to bed. Go to play it in the morning and not even make it through one song. How can I fix this?

Try to do normal battery run down, charge it fully and then play music until it dies.

Be sure you are on latest 2.3 firmware and try factory reset.

If problems persist, go to your seller for warranty repair/replacement.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 15, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #4,393 of 6,413
Helped sell 3 M0's today and possibly more.

It was an interesting morning for me and my M0. I was at a clients working in the server room, had my M0 clipped to my pocket protector with my B&W headphones. An employee comes in and spots my M0 and says I didn't know they still made Apple nano's. I said no this is a Shanling M0, he says a what what? So I showed it to him for 30 seconds and he was immediately interested. Asked if he could listen to it on his coffee break. So I let him take it,90 minutes later he still hadn't returned it. So I went looking for him and found that in the 90 minutes 5 people in the office had tried it.

The guy who had it currently wanted to know more about it and asked me to go to lunch. All four of the other people who tried the M0 came with us. By the end of lunch 3 had committed to buying one and the other two were considering the M0 or possibly one with a bigger screen.

Before seeing the M0 all were using their smartphones to listen to music and had never considered a DAP. Three didn't know they still existed. Everyone loved the small size and sound quality and found $150.00 was a perfectly reasonable price and were amazed at all the features it had in such a small device. I asked if they already had smartphones to listen to music why would they consider the M0. The main reason was they all wanted to keep their current smartphones as long as possible as they were tired of constantly upgrading. The greatest obstacle to keeping the smartphones longer was running down the battery. Having a dedicated music player would mean they could use their smartphones less. All of them said it sounded much better than their smartphones. Three also had bluetooth speakers and were using their smartphones to stream music at home as well.

Just goes to show that there is a real market for DAP's and if people were more aware of them manufacturers could sell more. Alot of people in Canada use public transit, 1.4 million trips a day in Toronto alone. I see a ton of people listening to music on their smartphones and if only a small percentage bought DAP's the numbers sold could be significant.

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #4,394 of 6,413
Just goes to show that there is a real market for DAP's and if people were more aware of them manufacturers could sell more. Alot of people in Canada use public transit, 1.4 million trips a day in Toronto alone. I see a ton of people listening to music on their smartphones and if only a small percentage bought DAP's the numbers sold could be significant.

Good work, and yes I've always thought Apple were wrong and completely crazy to ditch the Nano.

There IS demand, people don't want to use their 'phone battery power on listening to music necessary, and you don't always want to lug your phone everywhere.

It's like vinyl all over again, some marketing wonk decided DAPs/MP3 players were 'out' one day and pushed for a fashion. They will be back, I don't see this synergy working that well atm, it currently doesn't (battery power, the inability to use devices for several things at once, the whole 'phone nukes your player cos it's trying to conserve CPU or power as it's a background task' thing....etc.

It's only if it gets Star Trek comm badge small, or like I hoped the Apple Watches to really be - built in video/media, videophone, etc. Rather than a rather meh notification system for an existing phone!

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #4,395 of 6,413
Good work, and yes I've always thought Apple were wrong and completely crazy to ditch the Nano.

There IS demand, people don't want to use their 'phone battery power on listening to music necessary, and you don't always want to lug your phone everywhere.

Totally agree ...I own a few daps and previously was carrying larger footprint in various guise into work of which my work can be a little physical , footprint, price, sound quality second to none for truly on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back