1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.2

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212
214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
Next

Last
  1. KamikazeGV
    I have also observed problems with latency when connected via USB to a windows 10 machine.
    Even with "minimum latency mode" , buffer size of 64 and a fresh boot the latency is noticeable enough (not crazy high but certainly noticeable enough) that makes any machine-human interaction that involves sound reproduction feeling unnatural. In this day and age I think this kind of experience is unacceptable , not an "imperfection", and as such should be resolved as soon as possible.
    What is more, the latency seems to become higher and higher as long as you keep using your PC, further impacting the user experience and again not something one's would expect in normal operation.

You might say that this is not a gaming oriented device, but the problems I mentioned do not only affect gaming but the any media consumption that has to do with sound. Also, none of my other sound reproduction devices are gaming devices and I have never encountered similar problems ( at least not in wired mode). And this comes from a guy who uses bluetooth for both keyboard and mouse.

I really do not want to sound harsh but I criticize what needs to be criticized and gives credit where its due. Any other aspect of your device is flawless really and you should be proud of the product you have produced. Lastly, I feel I should mention that I really value the fact that you communicate with your customers and you want to continuously improve your product.

Have a good day,

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  2. Shanling
    Yes, output is bitperfect, but we have some problems with DoP output currently.

Also, can I ask, what you mean by "DSD encoded 24/176 FLAC"?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
  3. crabdog
    I'm late to the party but I think I'm in love. Also, several of my other devices just became redundant.

DSC_1063_result.jpg

auronthas, Dizzle77, Xengibez and 2 others like this.
  4. 09music
    My m0 volume wheel turns but it stays at 35 it cant go higher..can lower the volume..anyone experience the same?

5. endgame4
    Sounds like you might have the 'Max Volume' in the 'Playback' settings set to 35?

auronthas and Shanling like this.
  6. TheoS53
    My vid review will be posted in the next few days. Here's another little glamour shot of this little beauty
    IMG_2183.jpg

7. 09music
    Thanks its working now!

8. fish1050
    Yep when in doubt check your settings, only panic once you have checked everything.

9. fish1050
    I don't know I think the right side is the prettier side. :blush: Actually full frontal might be a little risky for this forum, you might want to put it in a case.:ksc75smile:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  10. rkt31
    Actually you can encode dsd64 into 24bit 176.4khz and save that file as FLAC. It will give noise with incompatible dac but with compatible dac it will decoded back to dsd. It is similar to dsd dop but in the form of saved FLAC file. If external dac is not able to decode it means the player is messing with the dsd flags and output is no more bit perfect.

11. davidcotton
    Not sure if I missed it in the options, but one I would like to see added is a "pause music when headphones unplugged"option added.

12. P3108
    Could you reply to this own please Shanling? Ignore me wrong one....

13. P3108
    Could you reply to this one please Shanling?

14. P3108
    And this one please Shanling?

15. technobear
    If the file is 24 bit then it is not DSD, it's PCM.

DSD is 1 bit.

Further, no external DAC can receive FLAC. It's PCM or in some cases DSD (or DoP which is DSD disguised as PCM).

FLAC must be decoded by the PLAYER to PCM and it is PCM that is sent out to the external DAC.

auronthas and rdale like this.
First

Back
203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212
214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
Next

Last