Shanling IEMs Discussion/Impressions - March 2024, New ME600 Announced, Five-Driver Hybrid at 329 USD
Jan 25, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #62 of 227
Very good to hear. These are definitely on my radar. :L3000:

Jan 25, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #63 of 227
I need more detailed listening impressions for you early adopters, please! :ksc75smile:

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #64 of 227
Was taking pictures for a review and thought I would also do a few quick unboxing shots of the ME100 that came in yesterday:
IMAGE_1.JPG IMAGE_2.JPG
IMAGE_3.JPG IMAGE_4.JPG

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #65 of 227
Was taking pictures for a review and thought I would also do a few quick unboxing shots of the ME100 that came in yesterday:

Hmm, I see a really cool travel case for M0 :wink: Erik, can you fit both M0 and ME100 in there?

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #66 of 227
Hmm, I see a really cool travel case for M0 :wink: Erik, can you fit both M0 and ME100 in there?
Oh yes, the case is great. The foam holding the monitors is not glued in, so you can take it out and then the internal length of the case is exactly the length of the M0 with ME100 plugged in. Either that is a huge coincidence, or someone at Shanling thought it through very well. :D

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #67 of 227
Nice! Man, Shanling really delivers on great design without costing a whole lot. I just hope we're not paying too much for accessories and sacrificing on sound (this is a tricky balancing act that Shanling gets right usually, but the overall ME100 package looks more luxurious than it costs). Can't wait to read about some listening impressions!

Jan 29, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #68 of 227
Nice! Man, Shanling really delivers on great design without costing a whole lot. I just hope we're not paying too much for accessories and sacrificing on sound (this is a tricky balancing act that Shanling gets right usually, but the overall ME100 package looks more luxurious than it costs). Can't wait to read about some listening impressions!
I have been quite busy with another review, but I of course had to try them out for a bit and I am really impressed. The sound is quite detailed and spacious with great (but not overblown) bass, clear mids and a nice sparkle in the treble. It definitely does not feel like they sacrificed anything in the sound department.

Jan 29, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #69 of 227
Thanks for the reply @Wyville. Sounds like the ME100 would great for people who like brighter IEMs or an treble extended tonality. That's disappointing to me, as someone who prefers a warmer tonality with a slightly relaxed treble.

Since tuning is so subjective, especially when it comes to IEMs, I will wait to make any call until I hear about some comparisons to similarly priced IEMs, like the iBasso IT01, FiiO FH1, Pinnacle P1, and 1More Triple Driver...

Feb 3, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #70 of 227
Oh yes, the case is great. The foam holding the monitors is not glued in, so you can take it out and then the internal length of the case is exactly the length of the M0 with ME100 plugged in. Either that is a huge coincidence, or someone at Shanling thought it through very well. :D

Could you take a picture of the shanling m0 inside the case with the iems? I like that case...

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #72 of 227
Mine are scheduled to arrive this coming Friday.
I will post some OOTB impressions asap.

EDIT: My ME100's arrived today and, of course, I had to drop everything and spend some quality time examining them as well as trying out the various tuning tips and my favorite lossless tracks and also some Tidal MQA music.

Firstly, I have to say that it is hard to imagine this level of build precision for such a modest cost. The size is quite small and fits my ear even better than my customs. Sound is tonally very well balanced and the accuracy of vocal and instrumental timbre exceeds that of several of the considerably more expensive phones that have come and gone from my collection. Soundstage width and depths as well as imaging is rather dependent on the tips used. Interestingly, Shanlings use of tips as a tuning option really does work quite well. I did find, however, that my favorite signature is from the use of the everyday audiophile tips that were supplied with my Flares Gold. They just work for me, both from a fit as well as a sound standpoint.

The cable is also noteworthy, as it is tightly braided, noiseless when wearing and appears to be well above average is quality at this price level. The metal housings of the TRS plug and splitter exude a feeling of class and the chin cinch is an especially welcome addition. Thankfully, there is no memory wire to fiddle with.

I look forward to the introduction of the balanced version of this cable as mentioned by Shanling the first page of this thread.

I was initially concerned that the single dynamic driver would be lacking in sparkle and detail in the highs, but not so. I am not sure that the addition of balanced armatures as planned for the ME500 would match my personal preferences.

I would also be remiss if I didn't also mention the lovely leather case that is included in the package. As mentioned in previous posts, it can hold both the ME100, M0 as well as a couple of sets of tips, if desired.

It will be interesting to see if the accumulation of play hours in any way affects the SQ.

Great job, Shanling!!!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #73 of 227
See my impressions on my previously edited post.

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #75 of 227
Any further notes from the early adopters about the sound as they’ve been burning in? It sounds like the technicalities are there from previous description. I’m curious about bass response and the overall tuning profile. Especially how it pairs with the M5s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back