Shanling headphone amplifier PH3000
Jan 17, 2007 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

sango

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know anything about this Shanling amplifier? The CD-player looks neat too so if anyone know anything about that.. please share.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://hififorum.knaak.dk/PAC/CES07/07/CRW_0784-01.jpg

The pic is taken on this years CES in LV.

For $400 it looks really attractive.

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #2 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by sango /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know anything about this Shanling amplifier? The CD-player looks neat too so if anyone know anything about that.. please share.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://hififorum.knaak.dk/PAC/CES07/07/CRW_0784-01.jpg

The pic is taken on this years CES in LV.

For $400 it looks really attractive.

I'll have to get one and compare to my other low cost Chinese amps, which are all tops (with non-Chinese tubes though).

Jan 17, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 56
I have two pictures of the amp for those who may interest in it. but it liooks like a little different,

1mo6.jpg

2wf1.jpg

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two pictures of the amp for those who may interest in it. but it liooks like a little different,

Different model number - not the PH3000 amp.

Jan 20, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 56
Thats a sharp looking bit of kit!

Mar 30, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #12 of 56
Sango,

Yes, I briefly listened to it with my ATH-W5Ks. My recollection is that it was a clear sounding amp with, IMO, a sound more akin to SS. Not bad or good, just my observation. Build and workmanship very good. For USD 400, I think it's OK VFM-wise.

Vcoheda - You're right indeed re: the new look . . . not the typical garish Shanling. They seem to have made a distinct shift towards a more conservative styling as they're aware that the past design aesthetic invited calls of style over substance - they are located about 2 Km from my factory and word gets around. Though never a big fan of the Shanling look in past, I have to say that the newer items are much more appealing in person than pictures would suggest.

Cheers,
Garry

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #13 of 56
Factory?? ;p What kind of factory.

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #14 of 56
Icarium,

Factories in China - who would have thought it
tongue.gif
?????????

We manufacture industrial powers supplies for telecom / server farm / mobile power stations, etc.

Lots and lots of kit coming out of this area - I am literally in the belly of the
beast of Chi Hi Fi- Shanling, Cayin, Eastern Electric, Raysonic, Melody, PrimaLuna, MingDa, etc., etc. . . . not to mention all the OEM's for a lot of the US / European labels as well.

On the front lines for the cause of HeadFi in lower China , I must now bid you adieu
crazy_pilot.gif
!

Cheers,
Garry

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #15 of 56
I just ordered this amp along with the Grado GS 1000s (Silver Dragon V2 recable) from Moon Audio; I'll try to get some thoughts up here when I've received it and gotten into it a little.

I would love some suggestions about what other tubes I could use or may want to try with this amp. This is the first tube amp I've bought (I'm such a newbie when it comes to tubes) so any ideas (or warnings) will be appreciated.

I've traded in my RS-1 and RA-1 to upgrade to this combo, so I'll try to post some thoughts on the cans as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back