Shanling H7 - High-End Portable DAC/AMP/Player, Featuring new AKM AK4499EX Flagship DAC
Jan 10, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #391 of 1,116
You think really that H7 is a upgrade to M8?? I had before also DX300 and 320. With amp 12 W and amp 12 EXN S with ADA4625 from NP Audio. But i sold everything. M8 is my favourite. Yesterday i herd M8 with VE EXT. Amazing!!!
different iems, plus probably different taste :)

Jan 10, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #392 of 1,116
You think really that H7 is a upgrade to M8?? I had before also DX300 and 320. With amp 12 W and amp 12 EXN S with ADA4625 from NP Audio. But i sold everything. M8 is my favourite. Yesterday i herd M8 with VE EXT. Amazing!!!
I wish I had heard the M8 to compare but it wouldn't surprise me if some do prefer the H7 over the M8
Aside from my N8ii the H7 is possibily the best sounding alternative to a totl dap I've heard.
Of course earphones/headphones and music taste play a part in this but the H7 is a cracking device with excellent sound quality

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #398 of 1,116
I would like to hear more comparisons with higher end daps. There was one vs n8ii but please give us more:)
I owned the DX320 at the same time as the N8ii and kept the N8ii. For me and my ears/music taste etc, I preferred the N8ii. Not big difference betwen the 2 but I just preferred the N8ii for it's overall presentation.

Now for me the H7 would probably compare ina simialar to the DX320 as it does to the N8ii. That is to say that overall the TOTL DAP's will be superior overall however dependent on the users tastes they might prefer apsects of the H7.

What I would say that for the price and the functions I think it does outstrip mid price DAP's that sit in its price range.

It's a keepr for me.

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #399 of 1,116
You think really that H7 is a upgrade to M8?? I had before also DX300 and 320. With amp 12 W and amp 12 EXN S with ADA4625 from NP Audio. But i sold everything. M8 is my favourite. Yesterday i herd M8 with VE EXT. Amazing!
Definitely an upgrade from m8 which is also my favourite. Less warmer more technicality with better treble extension.

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #400 of 1,116
I owned the DX320 at the same time as the N8ii and kept the N8ii. For me and my ears/music taste etc, I preferred the N8ii. Not big difference betwen the 2 but I just preferred the N8ii for it's overall presentation.

Now for me the H7 would probably compare ina simialar to the DX320 as it does to the N8ii. That is to say that overall the TOTL DAP's will be superior overall however dependent on the users tastes they might prefer apsects of the H7.

What I would say that for the price and the functions I think it does outstrip mid price DAP's that sit in its price range.

It's a keepr for me.
what was the difference in presentation between the dx320 and the n8ii?

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #403 of 1,116
what was the difference in presentation between the dx320 and the n8ii?
@RIGATIO has pretty much answered this correctly altohugh I would say that despite sharing DAC's I felt the N8ii was more musical in it's approach, sometimes it's hard to quantifiy this with an exact description other than the detial etc was similar, just more refined with less of a clinical presentation however I know others will disagree with this.

I don't want to derail this H7 thread though. But one last thing is that there are plenty who prefer the DX320 due to it's abilty to be modded however for me this was never an option, my days of modding finished years ago with AMD K6 (I think) CPU's!!

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #404 of 1,116
@RIGATIO has pretty much answered this correctly altohugh I would say that despite sharing DAC's I felt the N8ii was more musical in it's approach, sometimes it's hard to quantifiy this with an exact description other than the detial etc was similar, just more refined with less of a clinical presentation however I know others will disagree with this.

I don't want to derail this H7 thread though. But one last thing is that there are plenty who prefer the DX320 due to it's abilty to be modded however for me this was never an option, my days of modding finished years ago with AMD K6 (I think) CPU's!!
awesome! thanks!

Jan 10, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #405 of 1,116
The sound quality of H7 is flawless and perfect No competition found at this price point After that, the low end is great and ideal. It will stretch until it is not inflated. Before the burn-in, it didn't produce high frequencies, but now it lets you hear wonderful high frequencies. You will not get tired of listening with this sound quality. You can fall asleep while listening If you want to say greed, Android version and miniaturization are desired

Users who are viewing this thread

Back